Quintero's Finally Made It

canucks6024

Hi Guys,

I pickup up one of each of a Breva and a Nacionales, how do i tell which one is which... ?

sorry but im a complete noob!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, Quintero Favouritos finally made it to the 12:12 sale. How many boxes are each of you guys in for? . Hehe

I'm currently smoking 2012 Quintero Londres Extra. Fine smoke for the money. Nothing fancy, but nice toasted tobacco flavour. I still prefer PLPs but these are good. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, the favoritos and the brevas are solid regardless if they're c&c. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 2013 Favorito the other day. Quite impressed. They've come a long way since smoking them a lot younger.

I wonder if there is any more to come with a little more age..

That is the question

the Nacionales come in Dress boxes and should be a little box pressed therefore, the Brevas are wrapped in foil and would be perfectly round ( cuban round wink2.gif ).

Thanks Iosttrailer ! when you say Cuban Round.....so do you mean not so round ? sorry never heards the term before....wow its really hard not to show everyone your a complete newbie! unsure.png

No, just joking on cuban QC and the Brevas are usually not made to the highest standarts.

As stated in the other thread the wrappers on the Brevas could be darker than that of the Nacionales.

Didn't pay attention to this until ksblazer mentioned it and at least my boxes are too. Still could be an coincidence.

ah ok...re cuban QC. ok.gif

i think i might try and post a photo up of the two..... maybe you guys can help me out. looking.gif

• 1 month later...

I got my two boxes from recent 24.24 they look beautiful. Boxes are same code, but one is lighter and one is darker shade wrappers.

Pretty cool.

QyH-Favoritos.jpg

Those are gorgeous! Now I am kicking myself!

they really are. I was surprised myself!

Those look very very nice! What size are they? How do they smoke?

I got a couple of boxes from the same sale and have already opened and started on one box (nowhere near the recommended 30 days, I know). They're surprisingly fruity and spicey, quite strong at the mo and 3 of the four I've had have canoed. They were quite wet on arrival - they're cello wrapped to stop the oils getting into the cardboard box, I presume.

I've now them at 60rh (ish) in a separate little humidor as this works well with short filler cigars as drier storage seems to even out the burn issue eventually. I want them a little drier too to compensate for the inevitable dampness of the annual camping trip in the Lake District in late May.

post-28662-14621743693.jpg

And the fact that it's a Cohiba box amuses me!

post-28662-146217444559.jpg

I do need to try and leave them alone because they're coming camping with me at the end of the month, but they're a tasty little cigar when you're working in the garden.

• Like 1

looking at the pix, wish I had gotten some of those. have 2 boxes of londres extra that are still a little bit rough around the edges but provide that toasted cuban tobacco taste. quinteros is def a good value marca

• 2 weeks later...

looking at the pix, wish I had gotten some of those. have 2 boxes of londres extra that are still a little bit rough around the edges but provide that toasted cuban tobacco taste. quinteros is def a good value marca

What year are your londres? I got a box from '12 that are jam packed with "twangy" tobacco - when they're not plugged. They're pretty good considering the price.

Have definately been wanting to try the favoritos though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favoritos are one of the 2 or 3 best values coming off the island. My go to golf course smoke. Also my go to for giving to non cigar smoking mooches. For the price very hard to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On June 4, 2016 at 10:33 PM, stogieluver said:

Have two boxes coming.  Gonna try them for the first time, and decided to pull the trigger on two boxes based on pretty decent reviews here.

What'd ya think Stogieluver? Thinking of picking some up.

Do it! I'm on a break at work as I write this and I've got one on the go. 7 left in the box, need them to come up on 24:24 again - twice this year so far, so they might be due a reappearance. a662673e4e6e51d29b9e85e8955e83b8.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ethernut said:

What'd ya think Stogieluver? Thinking of picking some up.

One of those sticks that is good for those times you just want a smoke and you're not expecting much other than a decent cheap and cheerful cigar.  They still beat out most, if not all, non Cubans.  I'm not sure I'll buy anymore after I've gone through these two boxes.  There are other cheap and cheerfuls that might cost a little more, but are better bangs for the buck.  JP Cazadores, for example. 

• Like 1

One of those sticks that is good for those times you just want a smoke and you're not expecting much other than a decent cheap and cheerful cigar.  They still beat out most, if not all, non Cubans.  I'm not sure I'll buy anymore after I've gone through these two boxes.  There are other cheap and cheerfuls that might cost a little more, but are better bangs for the buck.  JP Cazadores, for example. 

JP Cazadores isn't as "casual " as the QF. Needs a bit of a run up - I tend to think about whether I really want to take one on or not and change my mind about half the time. Takes longer to smoke, is quite heavy in the nicotine dept. and can be a hard draw.