Had to say good-bye to one of our pups

9/9/2014 was a sad day for us – after nearly 10 ½ years we had to say good-bye to our beloved Daisy. Our little doodlebug. Our baby girl. Over the last several days she was eating less and less and then over the past weekend she was even beginning to drink less. She was taken into the vet on Monday and diagnosed with a terminal kidney illness that would eventually lead to complete kidney failure. The vet told us we could probably get her on a regimen of pills and IVs and get another 6 months for her… but we all agreed that such a life would hardly be a quality life. So, we spent one last evening with our pretty little Beagle and spoiled her rotten – as much as we could anyhow – before returning to the vet the next day with heavy hearts.

My wife and I are both deeply saddened to no longer have Daisy in our lives, but we’re supremely grateful that this little furry ball of love was with us for as long as she was. She will be greatly missed, but never forgotten and cherished always.

~ Greg ~

Daisy7-vi.jpg

Daisy6-vi.jpg

Daisy5-vi.jpg

Daisy4-vi.jpg

Daisy3-vi.jpg

Daisy2-vi.jpg

Daisy1-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that, Greg. I've been there with two dogs in the past year. It's so hard to let go, and that drive to the vet is the worst 10 minutes of your life, but you get through it. Remember the happy times and all the memories. Dogs are the best animals on Earth!

Tom

I'm sorry to hear that. They become members of our family which makes it hard to let them go. Condolences to you and your family.

I feel your pain...put down our St Bernard 8 months ago...he was 9...my wife works for a Vet and had her put him down,my wife was there..I was not...she cried for weeks...We were reminiscing just last night about him and she was crying...OMG the money I put into that dog I cld have 2 more wine fridges full of cigars(he got bloat)and my wife knew what was happening and got him to animal ER in time for them to save him...But I wldnt change anything... What an experience ...

The day your dog get put to sleep is always amongst the worse there are; your dog is normally the one that cheers you up when you've had a **** day

My sincere condolences to your and your wife and I hope its not too long before you start to forget about this time and only remember the good times

Sorry to hear. We lost our 16 year old baby about 18 months ago so I understand your anguish.

We knew her end was near and my wife was already looking at rescue pups. Got our new dog about 6 weeks after which helped quite a bit.

Best to you and your family.

Am so very sorry. Losing a dog is never, ever easy.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog he takes a piece of my heart with him. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of his heart.
If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Cheryl Zuccaro

• Like 1

Hi Greg - Sorry to hear the saddest news mate. I know how you feel, had a similar tragedy occur with my first dog, he was 13 years old, we had to put him down also.

I think in light of your dogs condition, you did the kindest and most loving thing any dog owner and friend could do.

Best wishes to you and your family.

They live such short lives but at least you can be assured as it is clear in the photo's she had a happy one filled with warmth and love.

Take care and all the best to your family during this time.