Had to say good-bye to one of our pups

That is such a sad thing, particularly with Beagles who by nature are very affectionate and companionable dogs. I've raised and bread beagles for about 12 years and Daisy is a lovely looking little thing. I particularly like the last picture of her in flight. Did you have any other dogs and how are they coping?

So sorry to hear Greg.

Their lifespan is too damn short!

I miss Cohiba to this day. I can't even bear to get another companion if I have to go through that again. They are your best mates. They teach you what is is to have commitment and unreserved loyalty.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. It's absolutely appreciated. My wife and I have both lost family dogs in the past, but it's certainly not something that becomes any easier with experience. The day they leave you behind is very painful and raw, but not to the same degree that their presence in your life made everything more fun, enjoyable, and special. Tuesday just hurt a lot. But that was a single day. We had the far better part of 10 ½ years (over 3800 days) where Daisy was a big part of our family. It's easy to feel the ache of her loss, of course, but it's also easy to look back at all the photos and think about the great memories - and that puts a smile on my face.

Did you have any other dogs and how are they coping?

We do. Bauer (Daisy's brother from the same litter) and Remy (our big lunk of a Weimaraner). Neither has really figured out that Daisy isn't coming back, but so far they seem to be doing fine. Bauer is fit as an ox, though he's also getting up there in age (also 10 ½ years), but he was out chasing bunnies in the backyard as usual yesterday. Remy, who just turned 2 years old last month, will probably end up missing Daisy the most. I think he thought she was his little sister more than Bauer did. smile.png

Thanks again, everyone.

~ Greg ~

We lost our Bulldog unexpectedly a couple of years ago. Our dachsund literally did not eat anything for a week. We were afraid that we were going to lost him, too, but he eventually started eating again. Dogs grieve just like people do.

So sorry to hear, my mother just had to do this as well for a little guy that had been around for 14 years-- it's very depressing, indeed.

Your Daisy was a little cutie! Feel good that you did the right thing. It's a shame that pets are here with us a only a short while...they bring a lot of love and life lessons while they're around though!