Never had a great one......

That cigar of which you have just never had a great one........and I mean after 5 or more attempts!

Yesterday....attempt number 50 + (admittedly over 19 years and from many different boxes)

Partagas Presidente,

Again.....average....maybe just above. In all my attempts over the years I have never had a great one rolleyes.gif

Maybe they just resonate with my plate. Maybe they just don't come in "great".

I live in hope

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try the #1. Much less popular and alot better imho. There are others that agree.

Monte #2 - I don't get what the fuss is about

X2 RASS for me have been mediocre, always left disappointed. That's not to say I won't try them again but maybe just not for me.

Partagas D4. Assortments of sticks out of boxes. B&Ms left and right singles in Cuba. Tubed and not.

No D4 has been friendly with me.

There was this one day where i woke up and craved the strong, harsh taste of a young D4... I have no idea what lead me to do that and why I sparked it up but I got half way through. The farthest i've ever got out of a D4.

• Like 1

Any of the RyJ tubos

Prob smoked 10 from each number over the years and they've all been 'ok' at best 'sickening' at worst

I agree tubos BLAH! RJ as A whole either I get an excellent one or one I just throw in the round file.There is no inbetween! I read where alot of the vitolas need 6 to 8 years of age! Man I guess if I get A box it will be for my grandchildren!!!

Maybe it is my taste buds or I have what a writer gets when he/she can't move foward and write

a damn thing (writers block) but in this case (mine) it is smokers block. The brand in general is;

BOLIVAR for what ever reason I have never had good one or one that was even fair.

They just seem to way to strong w/straight tabac taste It has to be me because it looks like many people enjoy

them. If anyone has a thought about this please respond.

Maybe it is my taste buds or I have what a writer gets when he/she can't move foward and write

a damn thing (writers block) but in this case (mine) it is smokers block. The brand in general is;

BOLIVAR for what ever reason I have never had good one or one that was even fair.

They just seem to way to strong w/straight tabac taste It has to be me because it looks like many people enjoy

them. If anyone has a thought about this please respond.

Not even BPC? They were off for me for a while but now I enjoy them immensely.

H Upmann #2 - The #2 is just plain missing something that the PCs, Connies, and HCs have. I'm a big fan of the Mag 46 and 50 as well.

JL#1, #2, and PCs. Sooo dry!

• Like 1

Upman Mag 46/48

Ryj SC

Monte 4

Most Hoyo, but just not my cup of tea. The others never a "wow thats a nice cigar" moment.

• Like 1

I've had maybe a dozen or so and every HDM Petit Robusto I've had has been a disappointment. I have a handful left in my humidor and once those are gone I'll never purchase another.

So many I have not tried more than one or two of in the few short years of this hobby but out of those 5 or more:

BBF

RASCC

SCdlH El principe

Untill recently I would say Party shorts but the box I have just turned to incredible little cigars. All the above are put away in hopes of the same thing happening.

I can't believe all the people that don't like the HdM line out there! I have to say that the Epi2s and DCs are some of my favorite mild to med go-to cigars out there! To each his own and more for me clap.gif

I have had a box of 25 Juan Lopez # 2 in my humidor for the last five years.

Smoked some fresh, not impressed.

Waited two years,then four years, then five years.

Sadly very little has changed.

Of the 20 I've smoked only one impressed me.

I tried to like them, I really did.

Will probably gift the last five left in the box.

• Like 1