Never had a great one......

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try the #1. Much less popular and alot better imho. There are others that agree.

Monte #2 - I don't get what the fuss is about

X2 RASS for me have been mediocre, always left disappointed. That's not to say I won't try them again but maybe just not for me.

ERDM Choix Supreme. I've had less than ten, but that's because they have not worked for me EVERY time. I see descriptions of these (as far as flavor profile), and I think that they would be perfect for me...

Nope, not once. One of these days I'd like to try one of Rob's PSP or HQ and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So about 10 years ago I got a box each of every Cohiba. From Siglo 1 to Sublime, and of some I have a couple of boxes of each size. Also some rare birds like the millennium ones.

I have hated every single Cohiba I have ever smoked. Hated them.

So every couple of months I pick a Cohiba and it's repeated. The good news is that I have boxes of aged Cohibas....that I can't stand smoking, but I will burn them.

In my stubbornness I bought boxes of the Maduro 5s and Behike too.....I will likely hate them too. It is mind boggling how anyone can like these dog rockets.

My kids may get a wonderful assortment of aged Cohibas.

Regards.

I have had a box of 25 Juan Lopez # 2 in my humidor for the last five years.

Smoked some fresh, not impressed.

Waited two years,then four years, then five years.

Sadly very little has changed.

Of the 20 I've smoked only one impressed me.

I tried to like them, I really did.

Will probably gift the last five left in the box.

I really disliked the first dozen or so Juan Lopez I ever smoked, and then at some point something clicked for me and now I really enjoy them. Sometimes only a JL will do, as a matter of fact. Very singular cigars, those JL.

Big caveat though: I have to really be specifically in the mood for a JL; they aren't a regular smoke for me. (If you're short on friends and need someone to gift those to, btw... lol.) And this:

Try the #1. Much less popular and alot better imho. There are others that agree.

There's a lot to this. I don't necessarily think the JL1 is better, but it's definitely as good. It's different for sure. JL have a really unique wrapper, IMO, and the corona gorda lets it stand out. Funny thing is, they're usually pretty ugly things. It's like their defense mechanism: the wrappers all look vaguely sickly (and sometimes completely sickly), which keeps the price down for people like me. biggrin.png

As to this thread: Partagás P2 is the first one that comes to mind. LGC Immensos. Never even had a Monte 2, so that too. unknown.gif

And I know this isn't the topic, but "never had a less-than-stellar one": Partagás 8-9-8, Lusi, Cohiba Lancero. All very affordable too, how handy.

Boli RC

PLPC

Cohiba Secretos

ANYTHING PUNCH

I've not had a great Monte 2 before. I've been gifted a number over the years which were suppose to be a stellar batch. I've gone through untold number of singles but none has ever given me that wow factor which seems to be associated with them.

PSD4, P2, or Salomones.. after dozens of oppportunities these never worked for me. Not horrid cigars.. if I am gifted I will surely smoke and be thankful but these three lack the "great" qualities I look for in a cigar.

Wow, what a thread!

For me, Inmensos hit the gag reflex. OR even, and I got rid of my remaining '11 box(s)

BRC... Strange for me as I LOVE Boli

JL2 yep, they just don't do it for me, but the box I have will age and I will TRY dammit!!

I love Hoyo, but the Epi2 isn't doing it for me at all either.

It's all good tho, there's plenty that I love to no end!

All those Bolivars in tubos 1,2 and 3. Smell good but never could get the flavours out of those.

Trinidad Coloniales and Reyes. Grasssssssy.

Magnum 46 and Punch Punch Tubos. After few years of trying just gave up on those.

I love this thread, so many cigars mentioned which are some of the best cigars in my collection. Makes you wonder whether it's simply a difference in palates or whether you've just been unlucky with the examples you've smoked.

• Like 1

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 to start with. Tried several times, from several boxes with zero interest. Nothing I can say. And so many siblings of it with the same result. That marca is just not for me.

JL have a really unique wrapper, IMO, and the corona gorda lets it stand out. Funny thing is, they're usually pretty ugly things. It's like their defense mechanism: the wrappers all look vaguely sickly (and sometimes completely sickly), which keeps the price down for people like me. biggrin.png

I'm sorry but this is just not true. I have smoked numerous boxes of JL1 and 2, and their wrapper had nothing "unique". Ranging from light/rosado colorado to colorado maduro, exactly like many other marcas.

I'm trying to like HdM Epi#2s but I've been underwhelmed each time I've tried one. The HdM Short Robusto has been a boring cigar for me too. The JL#2s I've tried have been lackluster at best and my box of SLR Regios have been a let down, as I really like the Serie A.