Never had a great one......

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try the #1. Much less popular and alot better imho. There are others that agree.

Monte #2 - I don't get what the fuss is about

X2 RASS for me have been mediocre, always left disappointed. That's not to say I won't try them again but maybe just not for me.

I'm going with Monte 2 and RA Extra. Tried many of the M2's from various years. The only one that was excellent was the MGR (go figure) :rolleyes: and a recent 2012 one that a friend gifted me. Knowing my horrible track record, he fashioned me with a stick from a box that he claims was smoking great and it was very enjoyable. So I guess I did have a good one,but I've had more lacklustre ones for sure. Same goes for the RAE. Love the vitola, the retro band and box but the cigars themselves will show promise and then take it away the next time you light one up. Definitely have not had one that made me go "wow".

I'm sorry but this is just not true. I have smoked numerous boxes of JL1 and 2, and their wrapper had nothing "unique". Ranging from light/rosado colorado to colorado maduro, exactly like many other marcas.

Seconded. I've got 4 SLB's of the #2s and they dont look any different.

CoRo again. I've had decent ones, and I keep going back due to the reputation, but none lived up to it. Though I never had an aged one which might be the problem.

I'm with ya on that. But I've also never had an aged one (oldest for me was about a year and a half), and it sounds like that's the key to them. Oh well.

Wow, what a thread!

For me, Inmensos hit the gag reflex. OR even, and I got rid of my remaining '11 box(s)

BRC... Strange for me as I LOVE Boli

JL2 yep, they just don't do it for me, but the box I have will age and I will TRY dammit!!

I love Hoyo, but the Epi2 isn't doing it for me at all either.

It's all good tho, there's plenty that I love to no end!

What's your all-time favorite Boli then?

I love this thread, so many cigars mentioned which are some of the best cigars in my collection. Makes you wonder whether it's simply a difference in palates or whether you've just been unlucky with the examples you've smoked.

Most likely both will have an effect on the enjoyment from the experience. Add to that personal puffing style. Some cigars need to be smoked carefully to be fully enjoyed. A smoker might miss on the expected flavours just by puffing too fast and often...

I'm with ya on that. But I've also never had an aged one (oldest for me was about a year and a half), and it sounds like that's the key to them. Oh well.

I think the key to Cohibas is age. More so than most Cuban cigars.

Believe it or not ..... A monte #2

Oh - I believe it.

It is a crazy seeegar. One of the best seeegars I ever had was a Monte2 *** & *** One of my least favorite marcas is Monte2. They seem consistently poor, and every once in a while they can blow you away.

They do not like meneutral.gif

Cohiba Siglo V, after 1997

Diplomaticos no.2

ERDM Lunch Clubs, Lonsdales, PCs, Coronas deLuxe

HdM de Dieux, du Maire

H.Upmann no.2, after 2000, SW after 2003

Montecristo no.2, after 1997

Partagas Lonsdales, Presidentes

Punch, after 2009

RA 898 Varnished

Romeo y Julieta after 2005

SCdLH La Fuerzas

SLR DCs

SP non-plus

Vegueros

VR Familiars

I have great presidentes all the time, d4s vary hugely and I don't smoke young rass.

For me I've smoked 20 monte 2s and all have been terrible except an 08 I got from hiro which was pretty good. Then when I herfed with mitchell when he was in town he handed me one that looked exquisite and dare I say was a very good smoke.

Also plpcs, have smoked various ones from 05 on up and all have been bland city. My montecarlos are far superior, in fact it's the only PL I buy.