Never had a great one......

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try the #1. Much less popular and alot better imho. There are others that agree.

Monte #2 - I don't get what the fuss is about

X2 RASS for me have been mediocre, always left disappointed. That's not to say I won't try them again but maybe just not for me.

They do not like meneutral.gif

Cohiba Siglo V, after 1997

Diplomaticos no.2

ERDM Lunch Clubs, Lonsdales, PCs, Coronas deLuxe

HdM de Dieux, du Maire

H.Upmann no.2, after 2000, SW after 2003

Montecristo no.2, after 1997

Partagas Lonsdales, Presidentes

Punch, after 2009

RA 898 Varnished

Romeo y Julieta after 2005

SCdLH La Fuerzas

SLR DCs

SP non-plus

Vegueros

VR Familiars

My 2014 SW are really nice, try them again if you get the chance!

Any EL's...

PLPCs

you haven't recently bought some stock... right?

try the new Punch '13 and perhaps it may do you something good. if you can honestly provide pictures and tell me it's horrible, i'll give you a refund from wherever you bought it.

They do not like meneutral.gif

Cohiba Siglo V, after 1997

ERDM Lunch Clubs, Lonsdales, PCs, Coronas deLuxe

Partagas Lonsdales

RA 898 Varnished

:stir:

maaaaayne. I know a few blokes who'd give up an arm and a leg for this selection here...

me? perhaps just my pink nail (or a third of it :rolleyes:)

Monte #2. Smoked well over 10 and have never had a great one. I'm sure great ones must be out there though, because I do enjoy the Monte range.

A couple others that don't jive and I have yet to reach the 5 minimum, and may never :), are the QdO Corona and RA Extra.

As a full range Trinidad has me somewhat unimpressed as well. The only great one I ever smoked was a Robusto T, courtesy of bundwallah.

I disagree. The No.1 is less popular precisely because it lacks a real typicity; the true JL blend /taste can be found in the No.2.

What do you disagree about? I said that the number 1 is less popular and some of us like it better. That is an objective fact followed by a subjective statement. (Ie.) The #1 less popular and some like it better. We all know you are a knowledgeable cigar aficionado, but sometimes you read too much into our posts. Don't you like the number 1? Cheers!!

• Like 1

Like it better and a lot better in my honest opinion (imho) are two similar ideas, aren't they?

Well (let's be picky) not exactly. "They are a lot better" express more than an opinion, something more general, that can be discussed.

In my experience (but not only mine) the "true" JL character is much more present in the robusto (the No.2) than in the No.1.

Of course this is not true in every marca – take SLR for instance, to me the Serie A is more true to the marca than the ± robusto, ie the Regios. But I'm not talking personal preference here, if you see what I mean.

Well (let's be picky) not exactly. "They are a lot better" express more than an opinion, something more general, that can be discussed.

In my experience (but not only mine) the "true" JL character is much more present in the robusto (the No.2) than in the No.1.

Of course this is not true in every marca – take SLR for instance, to me the Serie A is more true to the marca than the ± robusto, ie the Regios. But I'm not talking personal preference here, if you see what I mean.

Ahaha! I was merely playing devil's advocate here. Choice of words and how ideas become words is not the same for everyone out there. Some are naturally better at expressing their ideas. I tend to be forgiving...

I have never had any JLs so I'll make sure to go with the No 2 whenever I get there :)

As always, thanks for the imput Smallclub!

Please read the whole story prior to make comments. Was post #83 nice, in your opinion?

Well, based on what I think was the poster's intent, I see nothing wrong with his post. He just suggest not to nitpick too much after saying you are very knowledgeable ;)

• Like 1

Punch Punch & Punch Black Prince. Hell, almost anything Punch except for RS 11's I just don't get at all. Tons, lots of various years, etc. I keep trying Punch (have a few more aged stuff, some 8-yr-old Monarchs in tubos I think too), but just can't seem to wrap my head around the profile and get a favourable hit.

Punch Punch & Punch Black Prince. Hell, almost anything Punch except for RS 11's I just don't get at all. Tons, lots of various years, etc. I keep trying Punch (have a few more aged stuff, some 8-yr-old Monarchs in tubos I think too), but just can't seem to wrap my head around the profile and get a favourable hit.

Honestly, I don't think the Monarcas can reconcile you with the marca if you don't like the profile. Have you tried the SS2?

As for the Black Prince, those that where available in Switzerland in the mid 2000's were very poor IMHO. The only good ones I've ever had were purchased in Paris in 2002 or 2003, from an independant importer, and given the price I couldn't afford more than a few singles.

I'm slowly getting weened off of PSD4 as I can never recall a truly amazing one, but I always want to smoke one of them dammit!

Oh, and ANYTHING LIGA PRIVADA or any of their sorts... Never even REMOTELY liked one of them. Don't know why anyone else is so hung up on this cigar lineup's nuts.