Your oldest cigar?

I confess to a tendency toward instant gratification... generally, and with cigars in particular. So excluding cigars you have in the OLH, and focusing on stock that is readily at hand, what is your oldest cigar? For me it is a half full box of 2010 Boli Belicosos Finos.They are the very first box of cigars I purchased. They rock. It's only the emotional connection that keeps me from putting them to the flame. How about you?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A partial cab of 1980 Davidoff Chateau Yquem...

Got most of a cab of 2003 Hoyo Des Dieux and some 2003 RG Panetelas. Love 'em both and hate to think about the day I run out. The rest of my collection is predominantly 2012 and up, sadly.

check out www.gothamcigarmuseum.com for info on clear havanas

US or Canadian Clear Havana:

Antonio Bianco from 1919. Prepare to smoke both on its centenary. Will store in better conditions until then with my Davidoff Numbered Series hoping to squeeze as much flavour out of them within the next few years. Worth a shot why not.

Smokable one was a cello wrapped clear Havana from Canada from 1922. Brilliant.

Last one I had was a double banded (one covered the other band) Siboney from 1940~~.

US or Canadian Clear Havana:

Antonio Bianco from 1919. Prepare to smoke both on its centenary. Will store in better conditions until then with my Davidoff Numbered Series hoping to squeeze as much flavour out of them within the next few years. Worth a shot why not.

Smokable one was a cello wrapped clear Havana from Canada from 1922. Brilliant.

Last one I had was a double banded (one covered the other band) Siboney from 1940~~.

I'm going to go on a limb here and declare you the winner! 1919 cool.

But help me out; what is a clear Havana?

But help me out; what is a clear Havana?

Back in the days of free, Las Vegas- styled Cuban Atmosphere, (essentially. the pre-embargo years) Cuba would export various tobacco for other countries.

A Canadian Clear Havana is rolled in Canada using 100% Cuban tobacco. Normally (as it was common for most cigars) packaged with cellophane and sent in dress boxes.

I'm going to go on a limb here and declare you the winner! 1919 cool.

Doesn't smoke as well as you think rolleyes.gif. The 1922 preserved in cello really made a difference in tastes. ok.gif.

For me my oldest is Cohiba 2004 Robusto which I purchased through Rob some time ago, Yumspotlight.gif Nothing like the age of the ones mentioned above.

Hi everyone,

Well, speaking of OLD cigars , I have some old ones.

A 1972 SP Coronas Gigantes.

Some 1974 , "La Flora de Cano, Selectos.

a 1909,"La Flora Fina" from RA.

Some 1941,"Crystales" from HdM.

Some1985 ,"Royalas" from Partagas.

A 1985 "PC" from Partagas. With some others that I can't recall now.

Guy

8a29d7443d1d1fe50b2cd363e6890bbe.jpg

1926 Clear Havana gifted by a great BOTL.

Had a La Corona Havana the other day from what I was told was from the 60's but any research I did couldn't really confirm anything. From the cigar and the wrapper it was obvious it was many decades old and it was great with my Americano.

8df9cecfbf41d4a8b148ede8801d9ee7.jpg

'84 Punch Belvederes

'86 Punch Royal Coronations

'88 Punch SS#1's

'96 HU Sir Winstons

• Like 1

What would really be interesting would be the oldest cigar you have that you aged yourself.

My oldest cigar is a mid 80s Bolivar tubo that was a gift from a very good friend. Oldest one I have thatis a 2004 Esplendido and 2004 RyJ Churchill. Given to me as a gift from a friend who travelled to Cuba. Might be from older boxes, I don't know, but the trip was in 2004.

• Like 1

What would really be interesting would be the oldest cigar you have that you aged yourself.

My oldest cigar is a mid 80s Bolivar tubo that was a gift from a very good friend.

dating yourself, eh Shlo? ;)

(I know the 80s isn't what you aged yourself. but initially, i thought it was pretty funny!)

• Like 1

1920's something clear havana... tasteless... like others I've smoked from similar ages. Really old cigar are for collecting and novelty, not for smoking.

now now, J... don't forget what a tube or cello can do to a cigar

i'm pretty sure those olde friction tubos from the 60s will still smoke magnificiently after 100 more years of age.

Celloed 1930s and below have been exquisite in flavour. had one from an old sticker (1931-1959) Cuban Sticker wrapped in cello that was still strong as a modern ERdM

• Like 1