Your oldest cigar?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A partial cab of 1980 Davidoff Chateau Yquem...

Got most of a cab of 2003 Hoyo Des Dieux and some 2003 RG Panetelas. Love 'em both and hate to think about the day I run out. The rest of my collection is predominantly 2012 and up, sadly.

check out www.gothamcigarmuseum.com for info on clear havanas

Partagas Charlottes and Astorias (both from 1999 although I'm having some difficulty decoding the box of Charlottes UTCCDDE? - Anyone able to help me decode it?)

With those 1999 codes the month and year were sometimes transposed, so CCUT = UTCC = March 1999

DDE is apparently the Camajuana factory in Villa Clara province.

Partagas Charlottes and Astorias (both from 1999 although I'm having some difficulty decoding the box of Charlottes UTCCDDE? - Anyone able to help me decode it?)

(side note) The Charlottes were also available in a different packaging, similar to that of the RyJ Cazadores, without the aluminum foil, as depicted in the MRN. I'm surprised it's not mentionned on cubancigarwebsite.com

attachicon.gifChaAst.jpg

attachicon.gifBoxcodes.jpg

Two cabs of Des Dieux from 03.

attachicon.gifDD_Cab1.jpg

attachicon.gifDD_Cab2.jpg

Those De Dieux's look stunning! :ok:

• Like 1

I've bought and smoked some clear Havanas from the 20s and 30s, a Davidoff from the 70s and a Dunhill Partagas from the 70s. The Davidoff was the only one that wasn't dead and none were worth the cash based on flavor, but you've got to find out for yourself somehow...

Oldest I've aged myself are '98 Trini Fundadores.

Got a handful of sticks from the 70's I've picked up over time - Dunhills, Davis, Sancho Belis and a Monte B. Have a half box of those Charlottes in the 5x5 format Smallclub mentioned as well.

Get him on Cognacs and Whiskey so he doesn't have the budget to binge drink. Get him on cigars so he doesn't have the money to become addicted.

On top of that, those 'vices' in lue of other options encourage classy behaviour instead of the filthy habits like smoking cigarettes or drinking *shivers* Smirnoff Ice mixed with Orange Juice

What a fantastic piece of advice. He'll have his vices, might as well make them stylish and impossible to overindulge in!