From log to a humidor (mucho pictures)

BehikeLover2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So in 2012 I decided that I need a real humidor. Something that will relieve my boxes from the airtight containers where they have been previously kept. I got an offer from a passionate cabinetmaker

Fantastic, and beautiful creation… Thanks for sharing. While my passion is for these sterile and highly controlled humidors, there is something about these lovely wooden creations that just really ch

He's still in the prototype stage - more to come, if I read his posts on the German forum correctly. If you're really interested, just contact him through his website "Kontakt"

Fantastic pictures and a beautiful final product. Great craftsmanship. Amazing how fast you can fill up a humidor that size. :). Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic, and beautiful creation… Thanks for sharing.

While my passion is for these sterile and highly controlled humidors, there is something about these lovely wooden creations that just really choke me up when I see them…

Beautiful, just beautiful work!!! -Piggy

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Its also a very good anti theft systems because this thing weights a ton :D

Iam actually thinking about selling it and getting a new one built that is bigger and merges a few mistakes that I made with this one (shelvs that slide out for exampl would be nice). Thinking about 2,5x the size...

As you said this is a furniture for a lifetime and longer.

We need to fly him out to US to do a series of custom humidors over here ;)

His new ashtrays aren't too shabby either.

He said he would deliver to the us :D

Very nice thing. I love that it's handmade and you actually have pics from the production.

Although... I don't see enough Behikes in there! ;-)

I have a couple boxes from the first year of release far back in the humidor.

I used to smoke the 56 so often I had to hide them :D

Very nice thing. I love that it's handmade and you actually have pics from the production.

Although... I don't see enough Behikes in there! ;-)

We need to fly him out to US to do a series of custom humidors over here ;)

His new ashtrays aren't too shabby either.

Tried looking at the site, but only found the one style?

He's still in the prototype stage - more to come, if I read his posts on the German forum correctly.

If you're really interested, just contact him through his website "Kontakt"

• Like 1

This is awesome! I love Sapele (and also your Festool sander!)... very well done!

- The 11th pic down, is that aluminum angle you used to lock the carcass together (to prevent movement from moisture?)

- Also, do you have any sort of humidification device in this?

Your last pic is hilarious... that thing is STUFFED!

• Like 1

This is awesome! I love Sapele (and also your Festool sander!)... very well done!

- The 11th pic down, is that aluminum angle you used to lock the carcass together (to prevent movement from moisture?)

- Also, do you have any sort of humidification device in this?

Your last pic is hilarious... that thing is STUFFED!

Yes the angle is for stability. Who knows what can happen due to humidity etc.

I had a humidifier but took it out cause I needed the space. It keeps the humidity very good.

Man if you put that up to show off and get lots of credit you did damn fine. I'm giving you all the credit in the world. Fantastic piece of furniture. Beautiful. Makes me feel so hopeless lol

• Like 1