AFL GRAND FINAL ....GO THE SWANS

This Saturday we have the Grand Final of AFL between Sydney and Hawthorne.

I will be going for Sydney over Hawthorne this Saturday....I just think they are the better team but you never know with AFL.

I have a bottle or two chilling for the game which I have rarely missed in 20 years of enjoying the game.

Even Rob (sometimes) enjoys the game...otherwise he is asleep with his eyes open pod.gif

For all who will be watching the game...enjoy

Have a great weekend everyone

party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

• Like 4

Cheer, cheer the red and the white,
Honour the name by day and by night,
Lift that noble banner high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky
Whether the odds be great or small,
Swans will go in and win overall
While her loyal sons are marching
Onwards to victory!

Go the Swans!!

• Like 1

Planning to sit down to watch. For the Canadians that might be interested in watching looks like the pre-game starts at 2100hrs MT friday night on TSN 2. No idea who is going to win, most of the time the game is entertaining!

This Saturday we have the Grand Final of AFL between Sydney and Hawthorne.

I will be going for Sydney over Hawthorne this Saturday....I just think they are the better team but you never know with AFL.

I have a bottle or two chilling for the game which I have rarely missed in 20 years of enjoying the game.

Even Rob (sometimes) enjoys the game...otherwise he is asleep with his eyes open pod.gif

For all who will be watching the game...enjoy

Have a great weekend everyone

party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

I can't believe I'm hearing a die hard Lions supporter saying she's going for another team!!!

But, given that neither of our teams are playing this weekend (in fact they haven't played for a month), I'll be going for the Swans as well. They've been far and away the best team of the second half of the season and should roll the Hawks.

Di imagine how much better your Lions will be next year when they've recruited Paddy Ryder and Dayne Beams!

Dave

• Like 1

Planning to sit down to watch. For the Canadians that might be interested in watching looks like the pre-game starts at 2100hrs MT friday night on TSN 2. No idea who is going to win, most of the time the game is entertaining!

And at least the pre game entertainment will be better this year than it was in 2011.

That year the AFL brought Meatloaf out for the final. I'm sure he's had his moments, and he may not have been helped by the fact it's a huge open air stadium, but he was not good at all.

This year it's Tom Jones.

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with employing an Australian performer, like Rolf Harris. Oh, that's right....... innocent.gif

HI Dave

I would prefer Sydney as I don't want a Victorian team to win again.

but you are right Sydney has played much better the second half of the year...it is going to be interesting to see how Buddy plays against his old team.

Yes hopefully the Lions will have a better year next year but it is going to take them at least 2 years to play together as a good team given all the young players they have in the team at the moment.

I think I may have converted Rob as his favourite player in the Lions is Zorko perfect10.gif

enjoy party.gif

Hoping to see the game o.s. in LA. Anyone got a lead on US grand final programming?

Yes Coolio, I'm over here despite a last minute 'health scare'.

Going for the swans as well..big day planned barby seafood beer cigars...can't wait....hopefully the eagles can do something next year. Enjoy one and all

Perfect weather in Melbourne, and crappy wind and rain in WA. Get into the beer and cigars early and the rest will look after itself party.gif

Perfect weather in Melbourne, and crappy wind and rain in WA. Get into the beer and cigars early and the rest will look after itself party.gif

Hoping it clears up...undercover so will be ok...not long to go...riff - raff starting to flow in...jobs on..

Great to see the Hawks win with an attacking, high scoring watchable style of football and hopefully put to rest the negative, defensive mindset employed by the likes of Sydney and Fremantle. And great to see Sydney forced to use a predictable forward set-up by paying huge amounts of cash for Franklin and Tippet while the Hawks mid to small forwards had an absolute field day running around the red and white witches hats. PS. Luke Hodge is a legend!

• Like 2

Great to see the Hawks win with an attacking, high scoring watchable style of football and hopefully put to rest the negative, defensive mindset employed by the likes of Sydney and Fremantle. And great to see Sydney forced to use a predictable forward set-up by paying huge amounts of cash for Franklin and Tippet while the Hawks mid to small forwards had an absolute field day running around the red and white witches hats. PS. Luke Hodge is a legend!

Could not have said it better myself. Carn the Hawks!