Quick Look: Cohiba Robusto Supremo EL 2014

I managed to snag one of these "obscene" monsters.

For comparison, I lined it up against the BHK56 and Cohiba 1966 EL 2011

Here they are in line.

post-6763-0-60444500-1411696177_thumb.jp

A look at the foot Part 1

post-6763-0-87695700-1411696213_thumb.jp

A look at the foot Part 2

post-6763-0-86364500-1411696226_thumb.jp

I didn't notice a huge difference in the RG between the Supremo and BHK. The BHK56 did seem a bit puffy to me at the foot. Either that, or the 2RG difference isn't easy to make it.

• Like 2

One thing that i'm glad for is the lighter LE wrapper.

Agree with that. Big reason I haven't enjoyed the LE's I've tried is the dark, fire retardant wrapper you often see.

IMHO cohiba's are better with lighter wrappers too.

• Like 2

I do not know if it is just me, but that Robusto Suprema does not look an inch and a half shorter than the behike 56. Did they change the length on these?

Hmm. confused.gif Hold on. You're right. The specs are off. According to CCW they're 58 x 127 (5.0")

I took a picture of it against a ruler. Make note of the two yellow line markers. One is at the 5 inch mark, where it should end, the other is at the point where it does end. So, what the hell is this? The source did get the cigar in Cuba. So, we're probably looking at a fake or some custom roll with the proper bands? I can't imagine Habanos would change specs that drastically this late in the game.

Thanks for pointing that out Lant63. I hadn't even checked the proper specs before taking the shots and posting.

I guess I won't be smoking this after all. thinking.gif

post-6763-0-60444000-1411731714_thumb.jp

The one pictured in this thread looks right.

• Like 1

Nice Gurkha you got there nyah.giflmao.gif

It can't be. Doesn't reek of cowpoop.gif The source is a friend. It definitely came out of Cuba. On it's own it's an impressive roll. The photos don't do it justice. The one against the ruler confirms its Fauxhiba.

Time to crawl into a hole... :lookaround::lol:

• Like 1

Several of these pre-release sticks floating around. Your pics confirm my suspicion that they are not kosher. Just hope you didn't pay $50/ea as some others did.

• Like 3

So now that we have established that it is a Fauxiba , that is one fine looking fake band Frank. Warrants further investigation.

I;m betting the bands are real and they were just placed on farmies. Much easier to steal the bands vs print your own. Especially in Cuba. I put a link to a previous post of a "pre-release" of a CRS that looks like it has the proper dimensions. What I have is a monster. Feels nice, smells great, but it is not the real deal.

• Like 1

That's a bummer Frank.

So are you moving this whole thread into the Fohiba one? :lol:

At least it looks delicious still, can't see why smoking it would be bad. Just pull the bands so your not cursing the whole time.

• Like 1

Hmm..did a quick search on CCW for the heck of it. The specs of what I have almost match up to a San Cristobal O'Reilly.

The O'Reilly is a 56RG * 6.3. In the photos I took, the RG looks very similar to the BHK56. The length though looks like it's about 6.5 in the picture vs the 6.3 of the O'Reilly. Maybe I'll measure it again. Who knows? Definitely not CRS.

I;m betting the bands are real and they were just placed on farmies. Much easier to steal the bands vs print your own. Especially in Cuba. I put a link to a previous post of a "pre-release" of a CRS that looks like it has the proper dimensions. What I have is a monster. Feels nice, smells great, but it is not the real deal.

Exactly! Anyone can go to a factory - or an aspiring custom business who will roll any shape - and grab a bag of authentic bands at a factory to slap on. As for the linked picture, ironically, even that cigar looks a bit long in the hand - and he said the examples he had were 55rg. Only true authentic ones seen were from the Vigia Dinner, and those pictures showed how fat the CRS were.