Kissinger on Cuba.

Why should Cuba be exempt? We have probably had plans to go to war with just about everyone and anyone at one point in time.

Of course with the stockpiling of ammunition currently going on by all federal agencies, enough to cause shortages, current plans might include my neighborhood…!

When we are talking power and governments, Dr. Strangelove appears more truth than fiction!

-Piggy

• Like 2

Not only that, have we not learned throughout many, MANY examples in human history the folly of underestimating one's opponent???

Many a bad ass has fallen with his big benighted tail tucked between his legs when he decided - "Oh - THAT bunch over there? They won't be so much. Let's take them out!" And then - "YIPE, YIPE, YIPE, YIPE!!!" like a severely kicked little dog when that "bunch" whooped the living Hell outta them!

*During the height of the Spanish empire in the 1500's after they'd done in the Aztecs in Mexico, the Moors in Almorrada, and giving England a run for their money, they looked over and saw little bitty Holland all to itself. For whatever reason, Spain decided to attack them - and got their ASS HANDED TO THEM by the Dutch.

*The British Empire at its height in the late 1800's decided to attack a mid-size tribe lead by Cetewayo in Zululand in 1879. Figured they could just fire a few volleys over their heads and those cowardly Blacks would run like scared rabbits. Isandlewana ranks in British history as the "Worst defeat a modern army ever suffered at the hands of 'savages'!" who were armed only with spears and shields, where England lost over 3,000 of its soldiers in that action. Later on after they were finally victorious over the Zulus, England suffered defeat and permanent subjection at the hands of the Dutch Boers (farmers), who took over the whole of South Africa.

*And yes, the U.S.A. thought a tiny southeast Asian country in the south pacific, Vietnam, wouldn't pose that much a problem - and had to eventually pull out due to their relentless do or die, non-stop fighting.

Napoleon AND Adolph were both stopped by people who were only hardy little peasants in Russia. And their tanks, horses, cannon and manpower could not overcome them on the Moscow road.

Not even recalling the Bay of Pigs, history is full of many humiliating defeats for big power structures who think smallness of some lands or peoples is an indicator of an "easy victory". As we'd say in high school; "PSYCH!"

• Like 2

Fascinating how back then, the US was concerned about retaliation from Russia if it attacks their ally Cuba. Contrast that to now where Putin and Russia take over Crimea with little to no concern regarding the ramifications from the US. My how things change.

Off topic, but I always feel a little uneasy with a sense of melancholy when I see the photo (in the rolling photo reel at the top of this forum) of a young, reluctant and strongly pacifistic Punch Joe in Angola, having been drafted by Cuban Army.

i dont know how people think "putin takes over crimea"

crimea had been russian for hundreds of yearss,,, and most of the people on crimea are russian.

It was only given to ukraine as a kind of personal gift in th 1950s from kruschev.

Crimea voted to leave...

Why doesnt any media thinggy go to Crimmea and do a follow up story on how the poor Crimeans are repressed? they dont because the Crimeans are very happy.... of course.. and that doesnt suit the narrative .."Putin took over Crimea"

• Like 2

Why should Cuba be exempt? We have probably had plans to go to war with just about everyone and anyone at one point in time.

Of course with the stockpiling of ammunition currently going on by all federal agencies, enough to cause shortages, current plans might include my neighborhood…!

When we are talking power and governments, Dr. Strangelove appears more truth than fiction!

-Piggy

War Plan Red, you sob! :D *shakes fist*