Any preferred cooler type?

torsion

So I ended up getting the green Igloo 52 quart cooler from Walmart - wife went mad last night when she saw it, I told her what it was meant for and pretty much gave me silent treatment all night tantrum.gif Well - at least now she's seen it we can move forward

Based on the feedback and initially looking at the size it's going to get filled up quickly with the way I've been responding to the recent 12:12

I think OLH is going to be the way forward in future sneaky.gif

Damn slippery slope...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh, that is the rub. Then it makes sense. You know, two coolers and a piece of nice wood makes for a fine coffee table. Extend the concept: night stand, end table, ottoman, kiddies' play house. I rec

I purchased a green coleman X-treme 150 qt at walmart. They are around $70.00. It has the grooves like a fishing cooler so you can build shelves. This is the same cooler as mine, but it is not my c

1 150 qt coleman marine cooler... 1 lb heartfelt beads... (I use 65%) no cedar lining... a couple reliable hygrometers... an air conditioned house...and BAM! Foolproof storage for years to come.

I purchased a green coleman X-treme 150 qt at walmart. They are around $70.00. It has the grooves like a fishing cooler so you can build shelves. This is the same cooler as mine, but it is not my cooler. I just took the image from the web. I like mine because i can stand them up in a closet (out of sight out of mind for the wife) and the shelves in the picture are really easy to make using closet shelf material cut to size. I have also seen people make spanish cedar shelves to slide into place but the boxes provide enough cedar for me.

You probably should have just bought a 150 first because now you will have to deal with the angry wife two, three, or more times. On the bright side you will have a cooler for outings soon when you get a bigger one. My favorite quality of coolidors is that they are easy to carry out in a fire or other emergency. My wife will get the kids out and I will get my coolers to safety innocent.gif

post-17213-0-01446400-1414173855_thumb.j

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, coolers work like a dream for maintaining RH and cheap option for box storage - I am happy so far.

Currently using leftover large Boveda packs which is working well for now, will get beads for future use. Cooler already half full from intense 12:12 and LFTH sessions innocent.gif

Photos to follow..thanks all!

Nice collection there,torsion.

Thank you Sir smile.png It's all thanks to this forum! A few more boxes on the way and I'm going to try and show restraint until at least end of the year/start of next before pulling the trigger on anything else. It's been way too easy! I'm pulling out a few sticks out of each new box for the desktop for trial smokes and currently witholding from smoking any until the 30 days rest period. Got RASS hitting that that period this weekend so can't wait to sample those!

Thank you Sir smile.png It's all thanks to this forum! A few more boxes on the way and I'm going to try and show restraint until at least end of the year/start of next before pulling the trigger on anything else. It's been way too easy! I'm pulling out a few sticks out of each new box for the desktop for trial smokes and currently witholding from smoking any until the 30 days rest period. Got RASS hitting that that period this weekend so can't wait to sample those!

Good luck holding off till new year. There are some great end of year sales ;)

Good luck holding off till new year. There are some great end of year sales wink.png

I was fearing someone would say that...what typically happens?Multibox deals, even more enticing pricing no doubt? sneaky.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers Wilkey - good to get other opinions, I have also looked at the Coleman's, nice and decent price, I might even go with them. Was somehow thinking the green would detract from being so obvious lol - mate I wish I lived in a house as I'd have more luck stashing the boxes like you have described! Currently live in an apartment so she's going to know lol

Kitty litter never heard than but it makes sense

You can actually "set" the kitty litter at whichever rh you'd like by either microwaving it for a short time to lower the rh, or spritz it with distilled water to raise it. I use Exquisicat Unscented Kitty Litter Crystals, which are 68% straight out of the bag. I keep mine at 63% though.

thanks i am gonna try this do you just use these in the cooler types or in regular humidors to?

• 1 month later...

Came across this thread looking for cooler suggestions ...

Torsion any chance of an updated picture of the cooler? I'm about 4-6 months behind you, so would like to see what my future looks like :)

Alex

Came across this thread looking for cooler suggestions ...

Torsion any chance of an updated picture of the cooler? I'm about 4-6 months behind you, so would like to see what my future looks like smile.png

Alex

Photo coming tonight (EST) innocent.gif

Coolidor now officially stuffed!

attachicon.gifIMAG2016_1.jpg

Actually looking at this potentially can squeeze a box or two more in here if I take out the singles tray

Looks like you need to be working on prepping the second one soon...

Anyhow, are you still managing to stick with Boveda packs, or are you using beads/kitty litter now?

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex-still with large Boveda packs as I bought a few initially for the wooden humi.She'll kill me if I start another...

Chris-seal is excellent,no issues and humidity is rock solid stable