Any preferred cooler type?

torsion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh, that is the rub. Then it makes sense. You know, two coolers and a piece of nice wood makes for a fine coffee table. Extend the concept: night stand, end table, ottoman, kiddies' play house. I rec

I purchased a green coleman X-treme 150 qt at walmart. They are around $70.00. It has the grooves like a fishing cooler so you can build shelves. This is the same cooler as mine, but it is not my c

1 150 qt coleman marine cooler... 1 lb heartfelt beads... (I use 65%) no cedar lining... a couple reliable hygrometers... an air conditioned house...and BAM! Foolproof storage for years to come.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to bump this thread as I recommended this cooler to another member. I want to sing praises over this cooler as it is everything I was looking for! It is not too big it holds humidity great and has no plastic smell.

Thanks Torsion! I feel as your search has saved me a lot of time in my own quest for cigar storage. ok.gifrotfl.gif

Chris

This topic is incredibly helpful for a person starting down the path of setting up a coolidor. I just wanted to thank all the contributors for their 2 cents.

I've recently begun to get a lot more serious about cuban cigars, and aging all of my stock, cc and nc alike. Shortly after I upped my efforts I realized my 3 small humidors weren't going to cut it, so I've been reading everything I can find about coolidor set-ups. Now I just have to jump on it and get mine prepared before my most recent box gets done with its freezer nap.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased a green coleman X-treme 150 qt at walmart. They are around $70.00. It has the grooves like a fishing cooler so you can build shelves. This is the same cooler as mine, but it is not my cooler. I just took the image from the web. I like mine because i can stand them up in a closet (out of sight out of mind for the wife) and the shelves in the picture are really easy to make using closet shelf material cut to size. I have also seen people make spanish cedar shelves to slide into place but the boxes provide enough cedar for me.

You probably should have just bought a 150 first because now you will have to deal with the angry wife two, three, or more times. On the bright side you will have a cooler for outings soon when you get a bigger one. My favorite quality of coolidors is that they are easy to carry out in a fire or other emergency. My wife will get the kids out and I will get my coolers to safety innocent.gif

Killer Idea ! I would rather spend money on cigars ! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif2thumbs.gif