What's your favorite trade experience?

I put this in the water hole so those that don't yet have access to the trading room could also post...good way to get your numbers to the required 100 post :) however still need six months membership.

I once traded a box of Q d'O corona from 2011 for a box of Q d'O corona from 2001 spotlight.gif it had 23 stix instead of 25 the gentlemen from Oz even took care of the trade, he did not like the flavor he would rader have them with only a few years on them. Since I had 2 boxes it was an easy trade for me

I have not smoked one yet but will for my birthday in 2015party.gif

My favorite trades are half blinds. I've got something someone is looking for and offer to trade for whatever they feel is a fair trade.

Gives a chance for your trading partner to assess what they are thinking you would like from their collection which is smoking well at the time. Plus I don't have to think about what I would ask for, guess I'm lazy like that pooped.gif

I often get pleasantly surprised and am rarely disappointed when I receive their end - and likewise when they're on the blind side.

• Like 2

Yeah, my favorite trades go like this: Where u work out the trade details and they say I'll throw in a few surprises! I say "me too" or vice versa, and there are 3 or 4 surprises in there. One of the few times I like surprises! Its important to me that they are very happy with the trade too. That's a good trade!

Thought this would help you find this, Perla...maybe a good word for how we both feel about your stuck cigars

I am a bit pi@@ed. Custom hold his big paw on the parcel. May be dried out when I will hold it in my hands. That sucks.

But for trading I do like surprises. It is just for the fun of it.

I am a bit pi@@ed. Custom hold his big paw on the parcel. May be dried out when I will hold it in my hands. That sucks.

But for trading I do like surprises. It is just for the fun of it.

I would think will take a long time to dry out in their ziplock...but I've got another plan, stay tuned

I once made a trade where the sender shipped the cigars in an empty Air Wick box. I was the only person who had some ERDM Choix de l'epoque that I used as air fresheners. I think it was ocean mist or some crap like that.

Let's just say air wick products will never enter my housemob.gif

I once made a trade where the sender shipped the cigars in an empty Air Wick box. I was the only person who had some ERDM Choix de l'epoque that I used as air fresheners. I think it was ocean mist or some crap like that.

Let's just say air wick products will never enter my housemob.gif

Did it also scare you away from trading?

• Like 1

I find that I really enjoy trades with a personal, non-cigar aspect to it. It could be a cool cheesy lighter, a nifty snap-back, a bottle of wine, or something else that expresses the tastes of the sender and the desire to connect with the receiver. Straight trades are bread-and-butter, but it's the ones with more "flavor" that really build rich camaraderie.

Wilkey

I find that I really enjoy trades with a personal, non-cigar aspect to it. It could be a cool cheesy lighter, a nifty snap-back, a bottle of wine, or something else that expresses the tastes of the sender and the desire to connect with the receiver. Straight trades are bread-and-butter, but it's the ones with more "flavor" that really build rich camaraderie.

Wilkey

I'm liking those the most as well!

My best trade was when I was new to cigars and on another forum one of the veterans had a contest and I won it. He took the time and care to send me cigars to develop my palate and to introduce me to different things. He sent a 5 cigar herf-a-dor that I still have to this day, an "Aged" cigar which was the holy grail to me back then since all my cigars were about 2 months old and this one had a few years and he sent three cigars of the same vitola but one with a natural wrapper, one with a maduro and one as a claro to help me see the same cigar tastes changed as the tobacco is cured differently. Really a great guy and he's gone on to be a big cigar and beer reviewer.

Thanks KUZI!

My best trade was when I was new to cigars and on another forum one of the veterans had a contest and I won it. He took the time and care to send me cigars to develop my palate and to introduce me to different things. He sent a 5 cigar herf-a-dor that I still have to this day, an "Aged" cigar which was the holy grail to me back then since all my cigars were about 2 months old and this one had a few years and he sent three cigars of the same vitola but one with a natural wrapper, one with a maduro and one as a claro to help me see the same cigar tastes changed as the tobacco is cured differently. Really a great guy and he's gone on to be a big cigar and beer reviewer.

Thanks KUZI!

That's a good one, thanks for sharing!

Did it also scare you away from trading?

Naw, just found it funny, in a sad sort of way.

Actually. my best trade experience was from a BOTL from Scotland who I traded a CA mag and in return he sent me a Party short, Bolivar GM and HdM DC.

I have always enjoyed trading, regardless of cigars that can be used as air fresheners !!!

• Like 1