Mix & Blend your Perfect Cigar

Tampa1257

I would have to say that for my palate, this cigar would be Cuban; Filler, Binder, and Wrapper. It would be 7 1/2 inches long and a 46 ring gauge. The cigar would have a medium reddish brown Colorado wrapper that was nicely gleaming with a sheen of oiliness. It would be almost smooth, but with a hint of tooth for texture. The cigar would be well constructed with a heft that presented a firm appearance. The draw would be a little on the firmer side requiring a little resistance. Not to say tight, nor a loose draw, just that the cigar would require a smoker to draw when they wanted huge volumes of copious smoke filling their mouth. The cigar would be complex in nature, reaching crescendos and valleys along the journey. The body would be medium full to full. The flavors would begin with a slightly mild sweetness bordering on honey and quickly richen into a boldness of an earthiness that was mixed with cooking spices similar to nutmeg or a cinnamon. Following with a building of a sweet white pepperiness. Toward the middle of the cigar, it would relinquish a touch of cedar and a creaminess that reminded the smoker of the honey sweetness that the cigar began with along with a medium nuttiness as a compliment. The smoker would be reminded that the balance was perfect and following the middle ground, the flavors would bring out notes of floral and a lemon citrus essence. The body of smoke would be layered on the smokers palate, at times woody, and at others leathery. As the cigar progressed, the flavors would build and the spiciness would come out from the background and become bold once more with rich developed mature tobacco tones. The cigar smoker would want to take their time to enjoy each and every draw of this cigar because it would be like a flower, as each draw would be like plucking a petal off and bringing out a new and different direction of the wonderful flavors. As the cigar came to conclusion, the smoker would reflect that the experience had been one that was in total harmony and relaxed nature of why we all share in this beautiful journey in finding the perfect cigar.

I'll go with all Cuban tobacco, though a blend of Cuban with tobaccos from other countries is intriguing. Size would be 6x52 (parejo). The wrapper would be deep tan to light brown and as smooth as possible.

Filler would be fully packed, but not rolled so tight as to inhibit the draw. The cigar would be extremely firm. The burn and draw would be perfect, of course. It would be medium full in body, but FULL in flavor.

There would be a healthy dose of sweet and sour spice, with an intermingling of honey sweetness throughout. There would also be a raisin/stewed fruit character with a nutty finish. Almost forgot the dark chocolate notes that would be underlying throughout. The core would be rich earthy tobacco, with all flavors perfectly in balance. There, is it too much to ask?!

7 inches long with a 38 Ring Guage.

Cuban Puro

The wrapper would be a classic blonde Colorado light tan wrapper with an oily sheen as if someone had rubbed it with Vaseline.

25% blend of Cohiba Lancero, 25% Partagas Serie De Connoisseur No 1, 25% Trinidad Fundadore, 25% LGC Medaille D'0r No1.

Medium to full bodied opening with the cayenne spice of the partagas Serie De Connoisseur No 1 smoothing out with the citrus lemon/orange peel notes of the LGCMedaille D'or No 1. It has now settled into stride as the body becomes richer and more complex blending Trinidad shortbread, Lancero Honey and LGC Citrus. Into the last third the Connoisseur No1 reasserts in a crescendo of bitter Belgian chocolate and fresh roasted espresso.

I am going week at the knees :love:

Hell Fire that's a ladies cigar.

Seven inches and 50 ring

Wrapper Black as ******* coal, shiny with oil.

Ligero out the ass and strong as death. 25% Boli CE, 25%R&J Cazadores, 25% Cohiba SigVI, 25% Toboada Robusto Extra.

Flavors of earth, chocolate and spice. Draw will be fairly open and generous. Agressive cigar for just the right time.:-P

The fact is… I have smoked so many wonderful cigars this year that actually designing one may not really be the ultimate answer for me. But in the spirit of the thread I will take a shot at it. For me however a single cigar just won’t do. I would require something more like a line of cigars.

The cigars would be fashioned in four sizes. The smallest would be a Reyes at 40x4.375. The next would be the ubiquitous Coronas at 42x5.625. Beyond that the smoker would have the choice of two larger sizes; one a Dalia at 43x6.75 (or perhaps a Lonsdale) and the other a slender Laguito #1 at 38x7.5. As you might gather I like slender cigars! All in the series would be adorned with a stylish Piggy-tale cap! Each would be created as if it were rolled by one of the great masters. The cigars would be firm, heavily laden with premium tobacco all Cuban of course with a medium draw. The wrappers would be perfectly smooth with a feel of fine silk and dressed in a light Colorado claro color. The cigars would have the floral bouquet of pipe tobacco with a hint of dark chocolate; much like the fragrance of the SLR line. The cigars would be band less and be presented in an unvarnished box with brooch, much like the Partagas 8-9-8 un-varnished. The ribbon that would tie the cigars would be a crimson red to offset their pale complexion. A golden pig would adorn the ribbon and the factory vitola would be written in black one on each side of the pig.

All the cigars would be blended the same. The use of some Cohiba triple fermented tobacco would be a must in order that I could capture just a tad of the unique Cohiba taste. Perhaps just the wrapper and binder; just a tad mind you; that would be all the resemblance to a Cohiba I would want. My next goal would be to attempt to capture the floral sweetness of the Juan Lopez line blended with the unctuous richness of the SLR line… That is just to start! The cigar would be complex in the beginning and as the cigar progress the complexity would wane in favor and move to the more monotonic “kick in the teeth” of an old world Partagas. Although I would not be looking to capture just that of the Partagas line. I would want the strength and much of the straight forward taste but I would not like to give up complexity completely. Perhaps I could best describe the character as a Montecristo Lonsdale with some kick! The cigar would start cool and medium bodied in order to slowly seduce my taste buds into cigar Valhalla. As the cigar progressed and my tastes dulled the cigar would change character and add depth of flavor becoming less floral and sweet. The cigar would vary from complex mildly sweet and refined to an unctuous “ass kicker” as it approached the last quarter of the cigar.

I think that about describes it! -Piggy

• 2 weeks later...