The Party: Cuba Day 3

El Presidente

Fantastic day for sure. Everything Rob said is spot on, though not mentioning the Legendario Rum and Foxy's Teeling Irish Whiskey.

Both outstanding in their own right though my advice is to go with one or the other, not both party.gif

Quick dip in the pool end of day, truly a tonic, and finished off the night after some drinks and dancing at Gato with a Media Noche on the veranda of the Nacional as the skies brightened.

Glorious!

A great day Rob thanks for all your hospitality on the day. Great friends, laughter, food and camaraderie. Weather was great and the saltwater pool was a treat to swim in for a quick cool down.

A nice thanks out to Rob Fox who shared with all some nice UK regionals and some fantastic Teeling wiskey. The later of which was my breakfast. party.gifparty.gifparty.gif .............potty.gif

Looked increible!

How are these places held? Are they private residences you rent off individuals or state owned and you hire off them? They are pre embargo homes I'm guessing, not new?

Cap the house is owned privately and rented out. the state picks up 30% of rent or thereabouts. The property was held in the family pre-revolution.

Cap the house is owned privately and rented out. the state picks up 30% of rent or thereabouts. The property was held in the family pre-revolution. 

Ah right thanks :) the nationalisation was a lot more complicated than just taking all the big homes and moving in new people then I guess! The way some texts read it seemed like all the big homes were given over to multiple families etc like some of the old cigar factories are inhabited now.

This is the hypocrisy of all revolutions I suppose.

It looks like a stunning place still!