What Cigars Did you See in Cuba the past Fortnight that were ......

What Cigars Did you See in Cuba the past Fortnight that were "a find" ?

I have to say that all the LCDH and associated haunts I went to were a little "generic" as to the stock they held. The worst I can remember in terms of diversity.

Even when asking friends etal, there was little in those back rooms set aside.

Did anyone manage to find that "something special" they had been looking for?

Strolled into Parque Central one afternoon and to my great surprise saw two boxes of 2002 La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'or #3's. Opened the boxes and they were in pristine condition. A no brainer for me as I bought both of them. LE's from 2013 and LCDH releases were very thin on the ground in Varadero and almost non existent in Havana. I did however manage to snag some Bolivar Libertador's, RyJ Deluxe, HDM Deluxe and Grand Epicures in Varadero the week previous to the havana trip.

• 3 weeks later...

...I have to say that all the LCDH and associated haunts I went to were a little "generic" as to the stock they held. The worst I can remember in terms of diversity.

Very much agreed with this. I have never seen such a lopsided presentation of the sheer numbers of Montecristo Opens being available as I saw that week. Amazing.

Closest thing I'd say to a rare find is a half-box (duly dug into by group companions prior to me being able to fully pay for them) of Monte Grand Edmundos, and a sole-remaining 5-box of Cohiba Siglo V's from 2005 (KMM or KLM box code or so, IIRC).