The Beav goes hunting. Who knew?

canadianbeaver

Be vewy vewy quiet. It's deer hunting season. Not just any season though. Black powder rifle hunting. So Blue and I have to stay out of the forest. We found this out yesterday after we just happened to choose park over forest for walk, by chance. I think it is crossbow hunting season too.

"Black powder hunting for deer requires you to carry to carry more accessories than you do when hunting with a modern rifle. The black-powder shooter needs to carry powder, balls, patches, a ramrod, cleaning jags, patch lube, solvent, and a ball pulling worm. Even if you have a bag that stores all this gear comfortably, you'll still need to be extremely organized. It also ups the challenge of hunting big game at a closer distance, since all those powders, lubes and solvents add to your scent, increasing your need to be conscious of the way the wind carries."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/426073

post-8371-0-61370500-1417524397_thumb.jp

Do you have Fudds up there like we do down here? Remy and I won't go to the field on the opening week of deer season... too many people out there who only fire their rifles a few times a year and are way too eager to bag a doe or buck on their first trip out. Too many stories of Fudds mistaking bird dogs for deer. Because, you know, deer also wear blaze orange bird dog vests.

Nope, once deer season opens up around here we tend to take a break for a while. Two weeks in and most people have filled their tag or given up. Then it's back out for pheasants and grouse where we can find them.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

So deer hunting passed without incident. From now until February hunters can shoot with a crossbow, but apparently range is much shorter so all can be in some areas at the same time. New rules apply because cross country skiers now get first dibs on trails.

Blue has a thing it seems for wild turkeys. He likes chasing them and barking at them. BUT. Yesterday on a walk out back by the river near our house, I went "gobble gobble gobble" in a kind of high voice and he freaked out! He ran up to me and jumped up in fright and would not leave my side. Then we headed back and he ran all the way up the hill to our back door.

Not exactly what I would call a fearless hunter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Be vewy vewy quiet. It's deer hunting season. Not just any season though. Black powder rifle hunting. So Blue and I have to stay out of the forest. We found this out yesterday after we just happened to choose park over forest for walk, by chance. I think it is crossbow hunting season too.

"Black powder hunting for deer requires you to carry to carry more accessories than you do when hunting with a modern rifle. The black-powder shooter needs to carry powder, balls, patches, a ramrod, cleaning jags, patch lube, solvent, and a ball pulling worm. Even if you have a bag that stores all this gear comfortably, you'll still need to be extremely organized. It also ups the challenge of hunting big game at a closer distance, since all those powders, lubes and solvents add to your scent, increasing your need to be conscious of the way the wind carries."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/426073 OMG A WOMEN THAT HUNTS LIKES CIGARS AND DRINKS SCOTCH I THINK IN LOVE! LOL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE ! ok enough dreaming I am new just gonna sit back and learn the ropes