Places to avoid

Fosgate

Ok, so we have a thread about the best places you have eaten, how about the worst?

While my list is long one of the most memorable that rip off my friends seemed to enjoy was Dicks Last Resort. It's unique in that the waiters purposely insult you constantly as their thing. Mediocre, overpriced food to boot. If you want that sort of experience just ask the locals what restaurant to avoid and go there.

Kind of like this place. I hear this place has the most tender beef in San Francisco.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/12/01/video-shows-san-francisco-restaurant-worker-tenderizing-meat-on-sidewalk/

I am never eating at Nobu again frown.gif

Well there are chains and then there are 'chains'

Still the replicas are never quite the same as the originals, though sometimes better?

• Like 1

Oh, come on. In 'n' Out Burger rocks!

I was commenting more along the lines of Chili's, Outback, Friday's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's, most typical fast food joints and all the other dreck you can find in almost any city.

Always look for the local eateries is my rule of thumb.

• Like 3

Oh, come on. In 'n' Out Burger rocks!

I was commenting more along the lines of Chili's, Outback, Friday's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's, most typical fast food joints and all the other dreck you can find in almost any city.

Always look for the local eateries is my rule of thumb.

I know. Haha. They were my only exceptions!

Sent from my iPhone

Oh hell, I wasn't even thinking chains, but as soon as I saw that I thought of Joe's Crab Shack right away. Friend and his wife went to the one in Minneapolis MN and she ordered the Clam Chowder. She was going to town on it and noticed something moving. Turns out they were maggots. She sprinted to the bathroom barfing up her lunch and the manager came over and offered the meal free. They went back to their hotel and called the Department of Health and they found the place must have lost refrigeration and maggots were all over in the cooler. Buddy was considering a lawsuit for having it ruin their vacation as they spent a day in the hospital with food poisoning. The following day they went with the DOH and the Manager of the place insulting them saying they were over reacting. Weeks went by and what did they get in the mail from Joe's? A coupon for a free meal for two....as if they would ever go back.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess most chains aren't good. Macaroni Grille, Red Lobster, Longhorn, and other of the like that I've never been and will never go to. But there a some exceptions. If you come to the Boston area Legal Seafoods, though privately owned is considered a chain. Some are better than others as far as atmosphere and service, but great restaurants.

And I know there a lot of opinions out there on steakhouses, but The Capital Grille is a now owned by Darden, and their Boston location still serves the (2nd) best steak I've ever had and I've never had a bad meal there. Take of that what you will.

There are many restaurants in my locale that I would not recommend. The easier question is where to go.

• Like 2

Outback Steakhouse....don't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't worry about how the food tastes after drinking 3 or 4 Wallabe Darned. You won't mind the wait staff plunking down in the seat next to you to take your order after that either. Just don't pat her bottom and ask her to visit the mens room with you unless you like getting your eyes scratched out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ready for this, Chicagoans sit down

Mastros Steakhouse.

The one in Vegas is absolutely outstanding - what's the problem with the one in Chicago?