Best of 2014?

I'm thinking about doing another "best of" poll for the past year.

Using the following criteria on CCW.

post-6763-0-07929200-1418064241_thumb.jp

I came up with this rather pithy and somewhat "unreleased" list of cigars for 2014. I purposely left off the RE's this time around as most of us don't have access to them.

post-6763-0-79011900-1418064309_thumb.jp

With that said. What "recently" released cigars would you propose to be included on a best of 2014 list? Anything from 2013 that arrived late that should make the list? Should we give the Monte Double Edmundo a fair shake as it only started appearing late 2013, same with the Petite M2?

I'll start things off by suggest the HU Connie A be included.

Put your pics down, let's discuss what's "worthy" to be included. By Friday, I'll compose a poll.

Cheers

BW

Last year's results for reference.

Sadly I didn't get much of a chance to review as many Cuban cigars this year as I had hoped.

Top 5 I would say:

1. Partagas Lusitanias

2. Bolivar Edicion Limitada 2009 Petit Belicoso

3. Montecristo Especial No. 2
4. Cohiba Esplendidos (2010)
5. Cohiba Robusto (2009)

You got it wrong!! :)

I try to keep this to "new" releases otherwise the poll will be 50 options deep. I could do that if people like to include all current releases.

Sadly I didn't get much of a chance to review as many Cuban cigars this year as I had hoped.

2. Bolivar Edicion Limitada 2009 Petit Belicoso)

I got your second best cigar of this year!?!?

Am indeed humbled, John :). (You still owe me a review of the other ;))

• Like 1

The two Super Coronas I've had so far have both been superb. I'm very tempted to ****** up as many as I can. Granted, I haven't yet had a chance to get hold of any other 2014 releases.

Frank

Just my 2 cents and feel free to ignore lol3.gif

I think two polls (Current and Specialty) I am happy to do the Current Release one over the next few days. For the sake of the exercise it will need to be divided into rough Vitola as we have limitations as to polling.

i will post my top 20 of 2014 this week.

• Like 1

Frank

Just my 2 cents and feel free to ignore lol3.gif

I think two polls (Current and Specialty) I am happy to do the Current Release one over the next few days. For the sake of the exercise it will need to be divided into rough Vitola as we have limitations as to polling.

i will post my top 20 of 2014 this week.

Sounds good to me. Maybe list what you moved the most during 2013 should make the list? I can see us dropping a lot of sticks that no one really buys. Troyas, most of Quinteros, some RG, JLP, etc? There's still too much regular prod stuff to make a workable list. And hopefully Habanos doesn't kill off more long/skinnies over the next few years.

I would have said a Connie A but I only have boxes from 2013. So would that count? Are you looking for a the best from 2014 production boxes or simply best smoked in 2014 excluding LE/RE?