Custom/ House Rolls In Cuba. Where to Send Someone?

polarbear

I've got a friend heading to Havana next week and he's offered to pick me up some sticks while he's there.

He's not a cigar guy but I was hoping to get him to grab me some custom/house rolls while he was there

What are the best places to send him?

Where else should he go?

He's happy to trek around as he's there to see the island

I've already had the "dont buy anything off the street" conversation

Yeah, mentioned all the usual advice

Dont buy off the street

Only buy from an LCDH

Check your currency when you change it

Photocopy your passport and carry it with you

The usual tips I've picked up around here

• Like 3

The customs from the Nacional are apparently pretty good.. roller just sitting there rolling, and reasonably priced. i've got one courtesy of Gary but not smoked it. Sitting in the humi waiting for the day.

Cool! Following this now!

A good friend of mine who's in habanos cigar smoking is going to Havana next year! I'll be sure to ask him for some customs. Is it allowed here to ask for a price range? Just to know how much cigars I could afford ok.gif

In general terms the rules are there to prevent people talking about prices of standard every day cigars and associating those prices to a particular vendor. I would suggest it's easy enough to talk about prices and sources in PM in any case. So i don't have to ban you in my first week on the job :P

Can i even ban people?!?!?!?lookaround.gif

I could be off base, but I'd be sure to exercise discretion if discussing certain roller's customs around any shops in Cuba. The walls have ears and eyes.

Thanks guys

I gave him all suggested options and locations in the hopes that if he finds that's he's close to one he can just head there rather than having to make the trek to one specific location on the other side of Havana

Is the Partagas Factory doing factory tours yet?

Last I heard they were considering re-opening the factory to tours

I suspect he will not want to go around a half dozen LCDH looking for customs if he is not a cigar guy.

Best bet is Conde. He will be in Old Havana anyway.

have him ask for Reynaldo Lancero. We picked them up for 3 CUC from memory. The best customs of the week for smoking young.

True on this Rob. However a couple of weeks ago the last remaining Lanceros were sold.

We asked when there'd be more and Reynaldo told us 'next year' :(

That could mean January/February I imagine.