Top "New" Cigars of 2014 (Poll)

"Best of 2014" New cigar releases.  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best New Cigars of 2014

Notes:

• Heavy emphasis on "new" since Habanos is not great with meeting release dates, many of the cigars listed were actually released late 2013. Not many have had a chance to smoke them, so I've bumped them up to make them eligible for 2014.
  • This poll is just for fun. It is not the most scientific but it is hoped that we can capture FOH members' opinions on what they enjoyed the most the past year. (or so)

I've taken this list of what was released late 2013 and throughout 2014 to come up with "Best of 2014" Candidates.

The items not grayed out are eligible for the "Best of 2014" Voting.

The one's grayed out can be voted on as your most anticipated release.

post-6763-0-92128600-1418150271_thumb.jp

One vote per question. Make it count. wink.png

Poll closes Dec 31 11:59/23:59 (Czar time)

Frank,

have a question for you: does the Cohiba Robusto AT count as new release as well?

Thanks and regards

Lars

The tubo version of CoRo? I'd say no as it's not a new cigar only a new package for an existing one.

The Connie A are just a great cigar in my opinion. I remember getting the first batch and they smoked very well for freshies!

The Vigia are great cigars also, I was lucky enough to grab a few from the Festival batch and they have been superb!

The Connie A are just a great cigar in my opinion. I remember getting the first batch and they smoked very well for freshies!

The Vigia are great cigars also, I was lucky enough to grab a few from the Festival batch and they have been superb!

Yeah. Connie A got my vote. I've tried late 2013 & early 2014 box codes. Both have been superb though the 2014 ones seemed better to me.

Looks like Connie A is the runaway leader so far!

Was hoping to see the Parti Privadas at the Encuentro, not to be :(

Is Rob gonna be offering these in a sampler pack!? drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif

Tough decision! But I would have to say Connie A, with the punch d'oro no 2 coming in a close second. And I've tried the new boli el2014. It was alright I think with 3 plus years I will be a very good smoke. And I'm kinds looking forward for the partagas e1.

Ha I have tried exactly ONE of them lmao. The boli lib and it rocked! I have 4 of the others in my case to try. A gifted Connie A, gifted Monte petit #2, and two of the vegueros, but I just haven't smoked em yet. Guess I just don't chase the new cigars as much as others, plus the price on some of them is ludicris. I mean they want moon money for the super coronas and are pretty high on the picadores too. Have to wait till the better priced vendors get the picsadores in stock to try them.

Just a thought on the poll - most cigars were released a few minutes ago or not at all, like

H Upmann No 2 Reserva Cosecha - 2014 - not released

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan - 2013 New regular production release - BTW, 2014

Por Larranaga Picadores - 2013 New regular production release, btw, 2014

Vegueros Entretiemps - 2013 New regular production release, BTW 2014

Vegueros Mananitas - 2013 New regular production release, BTW 2014

Vegueros Tapados - 2013 New regular production release BTW, 2014

Maybe those above could be included in "looking forward" category?

Just a thought on the poll - most cigars were released a few minutes ago or not at all, like

H Upmann No 2 Reserva Cosecha - 2014 - not released

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan - 2013 New regular production release - BTW, 2014

Por Larranaga Picadores - 2013 New regular production release, btw, 2014

Vegueros Entretiemps - 2013 New regular production release, BTW 2014

Vegueros Mananitas - 2013 New regular production release, BTW 2014

Vegueros Tapados - 2013 New regular production release BTW, 2014

Maybe those above could be included in "looking forward" category?

Every release Habanos puts out is never on time. Only now are we seeing 2014 EL's hit the stores. I'd consider them a 2015 release at this point. With the poll I took the following view. Each cigar listed has spent at least a year in the market. Hence the inclusion of many 2013 sticks that we didn't even see at last years' Partagas Festival. The HU2 Reserva is a ghost, true. But if no one has smoked it, no one will vote for it either. :) I'm ok with it up there. This is more of an exit poll than a vote. ;)

...Each cigar listed has spent at least a year in the market...

I know they've been around for a little bit, but I've never personally seen a Hoyo San Juan. I think they were sent out following the recent Partagas Festival? So three weeks ago? Hard to give that a vote this year, don't you think?

Every release Habanos puts out is never on time. Only now are we seeing 2014 EL's hit the stores. I'd consider them a 2015 release at this point. With the poll I took the following view. Each cigar listed has spent at least a year in the market. Hence the inclusion of many 2013 sticks that we didn't even see at last years' Partagas Festival. The HU2 Reserva is a ghost, true. But if no one has smoked it, no one will vote for it either. smile.png I'm ok with it up there. This is more of an exit poll than a vote. wink.png

with almost 800 views and only under 100 votes - people did not see half of cigars on the list, short of smoking it.

"Each cigar listed has spent at least a year in the market. " - you might want to check that Pl Picadores, HdM Le Hoyo de San Juan, all new Vegueros and E1 book hit the market within the last two - three months - all the information is right here on Friends of Habanos.

PL Picadores - Switzerland = September 2014

HdM Le Hoyo de San Juan = October 2014, Europe

Vegueros = in Canada late August-September, but the rest of the World = October

Partagas E no.1 = late October 2014

with almost 800 views and only under 100 votes - people did not see half of cigars on the list, short of smoking it.

"Each cigar listed has spent at least a year in the market. " - you might want to check that Pl Picadores, HdM Le Hoyo de San Juan, all new Vegueros and E1 book hit the market within the last two - three months - all the information is right here on Friends of Habanos.

PL Picadores - Switzerland = September 2014

HdM Le Hoyo de San Juan = October 2014, Europe

Vegueros = in Canada late August-September, but the rest of the World = October

Partagas E no.1 = late October 2014

Thanks for the info. From the start i never claimed that this was going to be the most scientific of polls. Merely an indicator of what people have enjoyed the most over a ”year". A few even picked PL picadores as their favorite. Are they wrong? Should they change their mind because they've only been out for a few months? Its a simple poll. You either vote or you dont. It doesn't mean anything. No prizes at the end. I invite you to devise your own poll. No one is stopping you from doing so I take it?

• Like 1

Connie A's have been excellent and have smoked enough to believe it is a winner IMO. The HDM San Juan came out recently and only had one and highly enjoyed it. The PGR's have been pretty solid but have a hefty price tag and unless your a collector they are a waste of money.

Was looking forward to the RA 898 out of Germany but still has not released.

• Like 1