Mad Max: Fury Road

Fosgate

• 3 weeks later...

Will be great - Tom Hardy is really stepping out in movies, like his work.

Me too. Did a great job in The drop and Lawless

Looking forward to this, I've always enjoyed the Mad Max movies

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

You know the only problem is that once again American youth are going to watch this and think this is Australia today and pick out the best lines to repeat to Australians until they are totally annoying to Aussies.

• 3 weeks later...

The New Mad Max Game Looks So Goddamn Good

As if Mad Max: Fury Road wasn’t exciting enough. There’s a new Mad Max game hitting the shelves in September, and now we’re getting a look at the gameplay.

• Like 1

It's not a re-boot of the original three films and George Miller (the original director) is directing it. It's a continuation of Max's story in a post-apocalyptic Australia.

Tom Hardy in the main role is also a big plus, much better than Jeremy Renner.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on opening day, I can confidently declare "Mad Max: Fury Road" as my personal Holy Grail of action flicks. It is George Miller's masterpiece, (with all due respect to Mel's legendary portrayal) the best Mad Max film, and an absolute clinic on high octane filmmaking. The world building is second to none, and the character development is astonishingly achieved despite a completely economical approach to dialogue and exposition. Action film fans owe it to themselves to witness this modern classic.

• Like 1

Saw it. I was "Reborn... Chrome!" Awesome flick. Did anyone notice that Immortorium Joe was played by the same guy that played "Toecutter" in the first one?

9-Mad-Max-AP.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-08-15-at-21.37.39.png

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it. I was "Reborn... Chrome!" Awesome flick. Did anyone notice that Immortorium Joe was played by the same guy that played "Toecutter" in the first one?

9-Mad-Max-AP.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-08-15-at-21.37.39.png

Damn, I thought the guy with the face mask was Gibson making a camio.

Thin on story line and character development, basically a two hour chase that I couldn't wait to end.

Huge letdown.

That's what makes it genius. In continuation from the series we know who max was and we see who he has become. The whole thing is a two hours of a snip-it of Max's life in a post apocalyptic Australia. The movie spews energy and chaos which is does well and lets the viewers judge who people are in the amount of time max does. Who do you trust? Who can you trust? Can you trust anyone? The characters develop up to the end instead of through slowing down the nitro methane circus for traditional character development for the audience to catch up. Not having a lull and keeping the pulse up is what it is about.

• Like 1

I know what it is and what its about. I just don't like it.

This movie just had no depth. I didn't care about any of the characters and more importantly I didn't care about Max, who uttered but a hand full of words throughout the entire movie.

It seemed to me that all they did was throw as many explosions and fast action sequences at us to try to convince us there was some actual substance to this.

Maybe I'm getting old but having my eyes dart about the movie screen for 2 hours straight isn't my idea of enjoyment.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and judging from the reviews most people did. It just wasn't for me I guess.

I plan on watching the first two or three this weekend for the umpteenth time and know that I will still have a great time doing so.

This would kill it for me as well. Will probably catch it on Redox for cheap, but MadMax on Michael Bay ain't what I'm looking for.

Wilkey

• 5 months later...