What was your worst cigar purchase mistake?

Trusting Smithy not to sell the box of Partagas Series Du Connoisseur No.2's that had been put aside from me.....Coincidentally the last box of PSdC No. 2's available at Czars before they disappeared.

Never forgotten it, and I've still never had another opportunity to buy/acquire a box of SdC 2's. tantrum.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not buying 50 cabs of '98 Fundadores when they were readily available.....

Every box of EL cigars I ever bought thinking they had an ounce of character. That ended in 2011. No more.

Life is too short to smoke Ghurkas.

One thing really pops out to me.

Buying cubans at cheapest vendor in large quantities based on ratings in magazines and or popular cigars.

When I got a moldy box and asked for refund and they closed my account. Made me send them back and tried to make me admit it wasn't mold and then they would refund me. I told them to shove it. You know who they are guys. I wrote a raving review about them online.

• Like 2

Buying a cab of 99 Hoyo du Prince. They were weak when I bought them in 2006 and remain so. It's a bottomless box, I can't get them all smoked (not bad enough go pitch). Then seem to reproduce in my humidor.

Compounded the error by buying 2013 Hoyo du Deputes. Weak from the start. Not worthy of the marca. Not at all like the des Dieux which is a favorite.

Worst non buying decision was not stocking up on more Partagas Serie du Con when they were available. Especially the #3s. I grieve their absence.

• Like 2

Partagas Salamones......could never get one to burn properly!

I bought a box and the first 3 burned very poorly. The last 5 have burned beautifully and have turned out to be a great cigar. I swore I would never buy another box but I am about to do just that.

• Like 1

I'm up to my eyeballs in Dirty Rats, Raztilla's, L40's, Flying Pigs, Ferral Flying Pigs, UF4's, UF13's, A's, and Velvet Rats (ok, only 1 Velvet Rat). Past my eyeballs in T52's and LP No. 9's. Too many Crowned heads everything...too many Tatuaje everything...

I do smoke these about once a week but at this rate I will be 200 years old before I get through the NC stash I bought before I discovered CC's.

If you're looking to unload any looking.gifok.gif

• Like 1

just bought a box of Cohiba Behike 52's. Box date Feb. 2014. My god how the mighty have fallen. Bought my

first box of 52's in the spring of 2011 in Barcelona, Spain from a cigar shop on the La Rambla. One of the best cigars

I have ever smoked. Smooth and creamy with hints of cocoa, molasses, earth and coffee. Damn sure miss the old version.

The 52's I have now are almost on par with a Nic. (Padron 1926) or a Dom. (Vegafina). The current box I have is only a little better.

But what a shock. I'm hoping that it was just my box that took a fall and not the whole marca from 2014. What a same if

all Behikes have fallen in quality from 2013 - 2014. For what it's worth maybe the rumors are true about the Behikes lets

hope not.

I'm up to my eyeballs in Dirty Rats, Raztilla's, L40's, Flying Pigs, Ferral Flying Pigs, UF4's, UF13's, A's, and Velvet Rats (ok, only 1 Velvet Rat). Past my eyeballs in T52's and LP No. 9's. Too many Crowned heads everything...too many Tatuaje everything...

I do smoke these about once a week but at this rate I will be 200 years old before I get through the NC stash I bought before I discovered CC's.

If you're ever looking to get rid of some of the ones you've listed LMK, I'd be interested.

• Like 1

I remember buying and smoking a mexican Te amo Dominicana Blend earlier this year, it was when I was just starting to smoke cigars. It was the worst cigar I've ever had and hopefully I'll never smoke something that awful. I remember trying to smoke it for about 15 minutes and then decided to pitch it. It was extremely bitter and it gave me a headache that lasted for about 4 hours.

There have been a few mistakes in my 17+ years of cigar smoking. But getting 50 of Ravi's custom sublimes is right up there. It is a beautifully well made cigar with ok flavors that I just don't like! I bought them based on a good review I read on an Asian website somewhere, it said they were strong and flavorful. But in reality they are too light for my tastes. I wish I had spent that money on ANY regular production cigar! LOL!

• Like 1

I meannnnn...I'll take some 52s off your hands if I must

I am down to 2 1/2 boxes of NC's and then I get the pleasure of emptying my OLH. Made a promise of only what I can fit in my coolidor. Fit two boxes of CC and decided it was time to smoke off the NC's.

Yes I could get a bigger humidor but that would only give the impression that I have CCAD and I am just not ready to admit that. Besides if I quit buying now I have enough to last me at least 3 years.

Who am i kidding? A guy needs at least a 4 to 5 yr cushion. Right.... am I right? Of course I'm right. 6 years minimum. To allow for aging.

• Like 1