What's your favorite Christmas movie?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation "Merry Christmas" "Merry Christmas" "Merry Christmas" "Merry Christmas" "Kiss my ass" "Kiss his ass" "Kiss your ass" "Happy Hanukkah"

Apocalypse Now,,,,,,,,,,,,

Die Hard Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 Christmas Vacation

couple truly good ones :-) good laugh with my lunch thanks

#2 A Christmas Story

#3 Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

OOOhhhhh, HEY MAN I "accidently discovered" that Rare Exports, A Christmas Tale! Wasn't that deep!? Totally unprepared for both the humor and the horror, dude! I bought that movie.

The Muppets Christmas Carol

Been watching it every Christmas since the kids were babies, the eldest is now 24.

It's a family tradition

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Some of you guys that like older movies, you should watch We're No Angels. It is one of my favorites, a comedy with Humphrey Bogart no less! This will be a go to Christmas movie from now on if you have never seen it.

I also like The Man Who Came to Dinner with Betty Davis and Montey Wolley.

Since I also like A Christmas Carol, I also like the newer movie based off that theme, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

I have many favorites but these, especially since no one mentioned them, are bit off the beaten path.

OOOhhhhh, HEY MAN I "accidently discovered" that Rare Exports, A Christmas Tale! Wasn't that deep!? Totally unprepared for both the humor and the horror, dude! I bought that movie.

I saw some of their short videos that they were playing with the idea for that movie. They went viral a few years before and thought they were hilarious yet dark. So when I finally saw the movie trailer I was skeptical about someone putting a horror spin on Christmas until I saw the "Rare Exports" logo and new I had to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FReZqgTjS8I

For me, it's It's a Wonderful Life, which I've seen many times. Jimmy Stewart's first movie after being a real war hero in WWII, not a Hollywood hero. For those who don't know, Jimmy's war experience was a lot like Gregory Peck's portrayal of General Savage in 12 O'Clock High, but in real life. Jimmy was a colonel rather than a general, but he led bombing missions over Germany just like Peck did in the movie.

Recently I saw The Shop Around The Corner, a pre-war Stewart movie, for the first time and I loved it. It's now number 2 on my Christmas movie list.

My wife's favorite is Love Actually which, except for a few moments like the Wisconsin bar scene, I just can't stand.

For me, it's It's a Wonderful Life, which I've seen many times. Jimmy Stewart's first movie after being a real war hero in WWII, not a Hollywood hero. For those who don't know, Jimmy's war experience was a lot like Gregory Peck's portrayal of General Savage in 12 O'Clock High, but in real life. Jimmy was a colonel rather than a general, but he led bombing missions over Germany just like Peck did in the movie.

Recently I saw The Shop Around The Corner, a pre-war Stewart movie, for the first time and I loved it. It's now number 2 on my Christmas movie list.

My wife's favorite is Love Actually which, except for a few moments like the Wisconsin bar scene, I just can't stand.

If you like Jimmy Stewart (as I do) you might try Bell, Book and Candle, a kind-of Christmas move that we always watch around Christmas time.

By the way, Mr. Stewart did not retire from the Air Force until the late 60's (mandatory) and he was in fact a General! Some just play them on TV, Mr. Stewart was the real deal!!!

Shop Around the Corner is a great movie... Cheers! -Piggy

*James Stewart also lost two sons in the war too, as they fought just like their father. Also for honorable mention, I've always enjoyed "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" with Mickey Rooney as Kris Kringle. This one is another Rankin-Bass animated special from 1970.

Since I have been on a Christmas move rampage (always am this time of year) two more are, The Apartment and The Desk Set. I always enjoy the Christmas party scenes in both movies. Could you imagine the lawsuits that would emerge from company parties like that today??? -LOL

A Christmas Carol

Christmas Story

It's a wonderful life

Miracle on 34th street.

all the classics.

*Yeah, the Miracle on 34th Street 1947 version. Can't really get in to the 1994 version with Richard Attenboro, but nice attempt though.