Christmas gift for significant other

I've been married for 27 years and still struggle with about the only person I have to shop for as she does all the others. I hate buying what she expects. I've come up with a couple good ones over the years but Christmas is coming fast and I'm still stumped.

Anybody have some great gifts you've come up with for your significant other???

Depends on how much you like to spend. Jewellery is always a nice thing.

I've done jewelry too many times, perfume too many times...are you saying jewelry is your favorite, Ute?!

Spa time for two. Pandora Bracelet with charms that are significant to you and your SO. Anything from Tiffany & Co as that blue box does the same thing for most females as a fresh unopened cigar box does to us cigar smokers lol. Or if you two are jet setters and travel frequently, get a Go Pro so you can document your travels and adventures together in HD. Other than that, if you want to get uber creative, you always hire a Mariachi band to sing Feliz Navidad on cue at your favourite restaurant lol

• Like 2

I've done jewelry too many times, perfume too many times...are you saying jewelry is your favorite, Ute?!

Yes I like it very much.

Cigarbreak idea of spa time for two is a good thing. You both work quite a lot and time together is rare and why not planning a hide out weekend for two? May be in the snow or if it is to cold in your hometown lets go south. Catching sun and enjoying the pool and fancy cocktails?

combine all your old photos in one album for her.

Plan a surprise visit from/to one of her old friends for dinner/outing

buy her a mini vacation for one

• Like 1

Santa Claus is a Coca Cola invention so get her a slab of Coke tongue.png You know it's all about marketing and such tongue.png

PS: take no advice from me... i'm single... infact the last girl friend broke up with me for this exact reason, refusal to buy bullshit presents on valentines day.lmao.gif

I got lucky. My wife can't stand me wasting money on expensive stuff. If it wasn't for kids we most likely would get away with under $50 between the two of us at any " gift giving " time. And trust me, we don't spoil them either. This year I got her a couple t-shirts from Canadianbeaver (Lisa). And we went splits on a hand operated pasta machine. My big gift this year is my brother and I are making dinner on Christmas Eve. This way the ladies can relax, and we can all relax on Christmas Day without rushing around. Leaving time for my wife and I to do our favorite thing which is going for a walk in the woods with the kids and the dogs.

• Like 2

If you are a gambler: Agent Provocateur.

is that your wild side coming out Werner :-) I've told her over the last several years if she wants to buy me something special I would gladly except lingerie she's planning to wear :-)

Christmas should be for children and that's what we're doing.As adults we no longer buy presents for each other since we always buy all year round what we need.It's our grandkids which will be treated and that is our joy.

• Like 1

After 27 years I'm pretty sure there's still something at 7-11 she don't have yet. KISS!

that one made me laugh but honestly I think I may have had to resort to that damn near once many years ago because I was so late getting started

we kind of tried the no present thing last year but it didn't quite work out how we hoped she loves buying presents so couldn't help herself

So just to help the both of you out. I consulted the Abacus and Chinese Oracle and came up with a solution for you. In order for you not to feel guilty and allow your wife to give, this is what you do. Advise her to order a few hundred boxes of cigars from FOH and forward ship to me! You'll be granted your wish and receive nothing while she gets to give away. Brillant eh!

Besides that I don't know what to recommend for you. Being Chinese we do red envelopes for the kids and elders and nada, none, zilch for the adults.

• Like 1

Is there anything she watches on TV or you both watch together?

Me and the GF have been watching Game of Thrones and not reading any of the books so not to spoil anything.

I had a look around for a coin of the faceless man but even the official replicas were really small, like a penny sized. So I made my own version, made a mold, melted up some pewter and minted my own version for her!

Trinkets seem to be good if they have meaning behind them.

• Like 1

I love spoiling my wife at Christmas.

Couple of years ago it was a DSLR because she is the family photographer. She loves it.

This year is an iPad. She asked for it so she got one.

Find a need in her life and find an over kill solution for it. It isn't always obvious or easy to find. If all else fails, the spa gift cards work well.

• Like 1

I love spoiling my wife at Christmas.

Couple of years ago it was a DSLR because she is the family photographer. She loves it.

This year is an iPad. She asked for it so she got one.

Find a need in her life and find an over kill solution for it. It isn't always obvious or easy to find. If all else fails, the spa gift cards work well.

I also like spoiling my wife....this year, going to probably get her a spa gift card, a new iPad, and a couple of other things :)

Got my wife a gift certificate for a good massage center in the area.

I'm always trying to get her to go get massages (the ones I give her are amateurish at best), but she never does - too busy with the job and the little boy.

Or how about a box of Esplendidos?????