Christmas gift for significant other

Tickets to the ballet or opera. Then spend more than 10 minutes writing the card. Make a night of it when the event comes around. Best restaurant etc explain this in the card. After the concert or similar cultured event, you go for a walk, get gelati, and you get to have a cigar. This is what life's about! Good luck sir!

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

If you really want to impress her go and get yourself a big wicker basket at the arts and crafts store and fill it up with a bunch of small items that you know she will love (candy, cosmetics, perfume, lingerie, jewellery, book, gourmet snacks...etc.) Finish it off with some of that fancy see through wrapping paper and a nice bow.

She will be blown away with the thought you put into the gift and there will be no begging for you for at least a month afterwards.

You can thank me later. smile.png

Put my ballet/opera tickets in this hamper for maximum effect spotlight.gif

The wife is a flight medic and lost her stethoscope so bought her a personalized crazy color that she will love. A new knife that she said that she wanted and a crazy sweater that she said she wanted. I'm lucky my wife likes some very easy things.

If you really want to impress her go and get yourself a big wicker basket at the arts and crafts store and fill it up with a bunch of small items that you know she will love (candy, cosmetics, perfume, lingerie, jewellery, book, gourmet snacks...etc.) Finish it off with some of that fancy see through wrapping paper and a nice bow.

She will be blown away with the thought you put into the gift and there will be no begging for you for at least a month afterwards.

You can thank me later. :)

Put my ballet/opera tickets in this hamper for maximum effect :spotlight:

The get lucky basket :)

• Like 1

Tickets to a show and dinner for two bud. ;)

Or tickets to a nice holiday as spend some quality time together.

27 years is a long time and your post here asking members for some ideas just shows why you guys are still together for such a long time. peace.gif

• Like 2

The OP lives in Dickinson ND which is an oil boom town. Everyplace to eat or entertain is going to be packed if you can get in at all. What I would probably do is on top of whatever gift I would do this. Wake up early and place a note on your pillow with a hand drawn hart on it pointing to a trail of flower petals that lead to the kitchen. Where you will be there with the table set and breakfast ready for her. (fight the urge to fry bacon in the nude while wearing only a red ribbon.) Lose the TV remote and hang up any projects for the day and just talk with each other for the day. Women love some of the simple attention stuff like that. Do not under any circumstances take my fathers advise of buying flip flops and a dildo (Cause if she doesn't like the flip flops she can go F@$# herself.).

The OP lives in Dickinson ND which is an oil boom town. Everyplace to eat or entertain is going to be packed if you can get in at all. What I would probably do is on top of whatever gift I would do this. Wake up early and place a note on your pillow with a hand drawn hart on it pointing to a trail of flower petals that lead to the kitchen. Where you will be there with the table set and breakfast ready for her. (fight the urge to fry bacon in the nude while wearing only a red ribbon.) Lose the TV remote and hang up any projects for the day and just talk with each other for the day. Women love some of the simple attention stuff like that. Do not under any circumstances take my fathers advise of buying flip flops and a dildo (Cause if she doesn't like the flip flops she can go F@$# herself.).

Good stuff :)And very observant!

27 years, lots of opportunity for repeat gifts, but I try hard not to. And I have certainly done a lot of jewelry and perfume over the years. Last year, as she kept saying she wants to be more active, I got her cross country skis and dance lessons and spa day with the girls...she's used some of the gifts more than others :)

My missus is a big fan of scotch, so I buy her a nice bottle of scotch for every gift giving occasion

Her scotch collection is almost better than my cigar stash

Once I've found the scotch she is getting I flat out ask her what she wants for Christmas and remind her that if she says "Nothing" or "I don't know" that she'll end up getting a Justin Bieber CD

She seems to have less trouble thinking of something after that

The only thing I can offer is

If you are on a cigar forum asking for advice for a gift for a woman you have been married to for 27 years.....You're Screwed!

It's not that I don't know my wife, we've been together since we were sixteen years old. But I do like more than anything to see her surprised, in a good way! I have a couple jewelry items wrapped so far, probably grab a bottle of her favorite wine. But still looking for something still a little more spontaneous.

My own brother apparently took his wife out to buy her own gift. Customer yesterday, with his wife standing next to him, couldn't defend himself as his wife says he never buys her anything and yet she had been Christmas shopping all afternoon...she did drive up in a new truck (oil customer).

The only thing I can offer is

If you are on a cigar forum asking for advice for a gift for a woman you have been married to for 27 years.....You're Screwed!

Screwed is a very harsh word.

There is a time when yourself are pretty occupied with your business/job and you do not the have the spare time to take a deep breath and may be not the nerves to listen to your partner and her/his needs. And sometimes you simple ran out of ideas!

Honestly being married for 27 years is a big achievement from my point of view. And why not to ask for advise from other men in the more or less situation ? That's pretty clever!

And it's always the attitude of the person next to you. Some persons (females/ men) are never satisfied, always complaining. And hey I am German and Germans are always complaining you can see it in their faces. To get along with that you need a lot of love, tell you!

Again it's a big mission to find a present which make your "best part" happy and finally to see the glitter in her/his eyes is the thing. Just my 2 Cent as a woman.

• Like 1

I hate to buy my wife a present where everybody in the family profits from it.It should be for her and only her.That's my view.She wanted a Tablet so I bought her a tablet.She uses it exclusively because I have no clue what to do with it.

And why not to ask for advise from other men in the more or less situation ? That's pretty clever!

Just my 2 Cent as a woman.

Always love a woman's advice!

• Like 1

I didn't mean to sound harsh, just realistic. Perhaps I'm different from others. I know my wife very well and always know precisely what to get her. I would never ask anyone who doesn't know her for advice in any department. There is no such thing as a day that went so bad that I don't have time to listen to her wants, needs and desires, Ill make time! While some do complain all the time, she doesn't. That's a good thing because I don't deal well with people who complain all the time.

FWIW my wifes big gift for this year is a day of pampering at the best spa in the area.

• Like 2