NFL...How is your team doing?

Give us an update on your thoughts about how your team is performing. Playoff and Super Bowl hopefuls.

Watched my Denver Broncos play horribly last night. An injured Manning making wobbling inaccurate passes. Offensive line not giving him the protection he needed. Defense must have let the Denver Post article about being the best defense in team history go to their heads. Dropped Int's, going from solid tackles to over pursuit and under pursuit allowing 37 points on the board. I will give them credit though, when the offense was able to move the ball to giving them time to rest, they were on it. I think key is to get that offensive line to click again and it has yet to really happen. I do not think they are a Super Bowl contender let alone a team capable of winning that. But what is the Alternative? Another year of Tom Brady and the Patriots? Maybe the Bengals will go.

Of the NFC I would not mind seeing the Cowboys take the Division simply because I hate commentators that keep bashing them and see them proving those guys they don't know squat. Just like the point spread this weekend was only supposed to be a 3pt spread.

Another one I would think interesting would be the Cardinals. Decent fan base and aside from 2008-09 they had not had a division championship since 1975 and fewer winning seasons yet being one of the oldest teams dating back to 1898 as the Racine Cardinals, let alone ever winning a Super Bowl. With the Super Bowl being held in Phoenix this year I think it would be awesome to see that team sweep home field advantage and the Super Bowl on their home turf. (That is, unless they face Denver in the Super Bowl)

Side note: NFC South, wow! Looks like no one in that conference wants to win.

My Lions are playing to their competition, but have still managed to go 11-4. Don't like their chances in Green Bay, but if they pull it off they'll have the first round bye. If not, it's a trip to JerryWorld

• Like 1

Laying a beat down on the eagles was the only upside of what has been a very disappointing season for my Redskins. A bit of a double edged sword though as out win secured a spot in the playoffs for Dallas. Which is not really that bad as my wife is a Dallas fan. I know... Redskins/Dallas ..#^%^@% Love is blind.

Also a denver fan.... those wounds are still fresh from last night. I had high hopes at the start of this year but injuries ended up playing a much bigger role in this season than I would have liked to see

Laying a beat down on the eagles was the only upside of what has been a very disappointing season for my Redskins. A bit of a double edged sword though as out win secured a spot in the playoffs for Dallas. Which is not really that bad as my wife is a Dallas fan. I know... Redskins/Dallas ..#^%^@% Love is blind.

not the only upside.

we did beat dallas in dallas in overtime. i figure that loss has probably bumped them too far down the playoff chain to win the entire thing. otherwise, they might have had home field, a bye.

hey, and we might win this weekend as well - well, it is the time for miracles.

that and knocking out the eagles, you'd think it was a good year.

except for everything else being a toilet.

sack the coach - clueless joe. get an o-line. get some defence. sack the defence coach. not spend squillions on has-beens in free agency. use some brains when drafting. have a plan. any chance of all that happening over the next off-season?

and as for our browns fan, my sympathies. when rex grossman knocks you back, you know you are as low as you can go.

not the only upside.

we did beat dallas in dallas in overtime. i figure that loss has probably bumped them too far down the playoff chain to win the entire thing. otherwise, they might have had home field, a bye.

hey, and we might win this weekend as well - well, it is the time for miracles.

that and knocking out the eagles, you'd think it was a good year.

except for everything else being a toilet.

sack the coach - clueless joe. get an o-line. get some defence. sack the defence coach. not spend squillions on has-beens in free agency. use some brains when drafting. have a plan. any chance of all that happening over the next off-season?

and as for our browns fan, my sympathies. when rex grossman knocks you back, you know you are as low as you can go.

My God Ken, I've been biting my tongue with you lol.... Is that your only salvation this season?!? Beating Dallas in Dallas?!? You must've mentioned it 10 times since that game, all in separate threads might I add .. You have bigger things to worry about with your team. Cmon brother, put it to rest, lol.

Honestly, I dont even care what happens this weekend in DC. Dallas has played well and through a lot of the media hype highs and lows (can't stand how everything is do magnified with this teams every move). I feel confident in saying that I feel like a lot of teams, including Seattle, would have a tough time with Dallas at this venture. If there is such a thing as peaking, then I believe they are doing it now. It's a very slim chance they get a bye, but things could still shape up in their favor...although Seattle would have to lay a huge egg this weekend.

Anyways Ken, Redskins are the least hated for me out of the East. #1 are those pesky NYG, then dirty Philly.. Redskins eh, not so much hatred.. Can't like em' obviously though. Just remember this for the 2014 season:

Philly is mad

Giants are sad

And well, the Redskins are just bad...

Happy to be a Dallas fan and taking the East..

My God Ken, I've been biting my tongue with you lol.... Is that your only salvation this season?!? Beating Dallas in Dallas?!? You must've mentioned it 10 times since that game, all in separate threads might I add .. You have bigger things to worry about with your team. Cmon brother, put it to rest, lol.

Honestly, I dont even care what happens this weekend in DC. Dallas has played well and through a lot of the media hype highs and lows (can't stand how everything is do magnified with this teams every move). I feel confident in saying that I feel like a lot of teams, including Seattle, would have a tough time with Dallas at this venture. If there is such a thing as peaking, then I believe they are doing it now. It's a very slim chance they get a bye, but things could still shape up in their favor...although Seattle would have to lay a huge egg this weekend.

Anyways Ken, Redskins are the least hated for me out of the East. #1 are those pesky NYG, then dirty Philly.. Redskins eh, not so much hatred.. Can't like em' obviously though. Just remember this for the 2014 season:

Philly is mad

Giants are sad

And well, the Redskins are just bad...

Happy to be a Dallas fan and taking the East..

understand what say but drowning man and all. you do grab that waterlogged straw.

in fairness, i did list a heap of problems - "except for everything else being a toilet. sack the coach - clueless joe. get an o-line. get some defence. sack the defence coach. not spend squillions on has-beens in free agency. use some brains when drafting. have a plan. ".

all skins fan all too aware we have problems. but things can turn around quickly - go back to 2012!

the saddest, worst thing about your post is that you don't hate us that much any more. in the good old days of the great skins teams, we'd have been number one on the hated list. we will get back there again! but i know what you mean. before this season, with repeated choking and injuries and failings, i almost found myself feeling sorry for the cowgirls. i won't make that error again. at least the cowgirls making the playoffs give me a team to follow - whoever is playing dallas.

Huh? All this talk about who? The Seahawks are playing the best football in the league. The Seahawk defense has given up a total of 33 points in the last five games. The offense has scored 114 points in the same time period.

Re-Pete!

ps - i know how much that loss galled dallas fans.

i'm hoping after this weekend, i'll have something else to mention 10 times.

Galled is a strong word.. I was more upset about the Thanksgiving day loss to the Eagles. Dallas looked awful in that game, and no excuses about the short turnaround from the Sunday beatdown to the Giants.

Like I said, the kid McCoy had something to play for that night, and good for him.. But you didn't seriously think they were going anywhere after that right? I'd be surprised if Dallas loses Sunday, but if we're gonna take a loss then I hope it's Sunday and not in the playoffs..

As it stands, I still consider Redskins the least threat... It's just the way I look at it. Philly is on the brink. They'll have a little QB controversy next season I believe but Kelly runs a good offense. The Giants always seem to give Dallas a run for their money whether 1-6 or 10-2 (which I don't believe has happened for them in a long long while). I just hate those damn Giants.. Eli and his INT face.. Makes me wanna give that little boy a binky everytime he throws one.

Good luck Ken, I dig the rivarly.. As long as youre here(and I know it will be forever) you get a spirited argument from me, win or loss. Cheers mate.

Who's talkin' trash? The Seahawks have led the league in defense three years in a row, and should be mentioned as one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history, but any of us long time fans on the West Coast know that'll never happen.

We do know what wins championships.

Also nice to see Russ Wilson finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Go hawks!

• Like 1

Galled is a strong word.. I was more upset about the Thanksgiving day loss to the Eagles. Dallas looked awful in that game, and no excuses about the short turnaround from the Sunday beatdown to the Giants.

Like I said, the kid McCoy had something to play for that night, and good for him.. But you didn't seriously think they were going anywhere after that right? I'd be surprised if Dallas loses Sunday, but if we're gonna take a loss then I hope it's Sunday and not in the playoffs..

As it stands, I still consider Redskins the least threat... It's just the way I look at it. Philly is on the brink. They'll have a little QB controversy next season I believe but Kelly runs a good offense. The Giants always seem to give Dallas a run for their money whether 1-6 or 10-2 (which I don't believe has happened for them in a long long while). I just hate those damn Giants.. Eli and his INT face.. Makes me wanna give that little boy a binky everytime he throws one.

Good luck Ken, I dig the rivarly.. As long as youre here(and I know it will be forever) you get a spirited argument from me, win or loss. Cheers mate.

i thought 'galled' was actually about as mild and underwhelming as i could conceive. still have dallas mates who are massively pissed by that - perhaps they have longer memories. mccoy was actually pretty ordinary that first half. bit better in the 2nd. the defence - and who would ever have thought it - won us that game.

i'd be surprised if dallas lost sunday but stranger things. what pisses me is that when we lose sunday, almost certainly does not advance our draft pick. total waste.

sadly i completely agree. we are the least threat in the east. for now.

and a good sporting rivalry is one of the world's great gifts.

Very happy with how my mighty Patriots are going. Didnt play well against the Jets, but still got the win. I think we have a great chance to go all the way this year, but still have some strong competition throught the AFC playoffs.

I'm thrilled to see the Steelers back in the tournament. I'd love to see them lay it down on the bengals this weekend and set the tempo going into post season. They really tend to shine post season and it's time to add to that ring collection!

• Like 2

Yeah, but just remember who was the first to upset the Hawks this year.

BeatByDallas.png

I tell ya, Seattle fans trash talk almost as bad as Raiders fans used to.

Give us poor fans in Seattle a break...we have no more basketball, we have no hockey, the Mariners have defined mediocrity for decades and it took the Seahawks 30 some years to wins it all. I don't think any true football fan can deny that the way the team is playing right now that our chances in the playoffs look pretty good. I can understand your sour grapes....being a Dallas fan must be pretty tough. ok.gif

Hopefully the Bengals will keep it going through the Steelers this weekend!

Finally pushed through the big national night game curse.

Who-Dey!

You still have that "23-years-since-last playoff win" curse to push through, though.

Who Dey? That's a rhetorical question, right?

Here We Go Stillers!

• Like 1