Any NHLers on here?

One guess. smile.png

Proud to be able to say I've seen the likes of Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Shanahan, Holmstrom, Larionov, Osgood (Seattle Thunderbirds, baby!), Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and countless other Red Wings play numerous times over the years. Grew up in Seattle making roadtrips to Vancouver to catch the Wings, now living in North Dakota and have made the trip to MSP to catch the Wings play the Wild several times. Everyone said the Wings were has-beens after the struggle to make the playoffs last season, but methinks all the talking heads underestimated the Detroit farm system. Looking forward to seeing a 24th consecutive post-season appearance by the Wings.

I always look forward to the Winter Classic. I can do without any more of those stupid stadium series games in California, though. It should be illegal to play outdoor games in climates that don't get cold enough for ice in the first place. Sunshine, palm trees, and sandy beaches? What the fu...??? Leave that for the Pro Bowl, eh? smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Even sadder Oilers fan here. sad.png

I'm surprised anyone is willing to admit to being an Oiler's fan these days...

At least the Flames are an entertaining team to watch this year.

• Like 1

.....leafs fan....

Though, I haven't honestly watched more than a 1/2 dozen NHL games, total, in the past few years since the lock-out. Think the game is just butchered nowadays. Can't beat, IMO, current Olympic and international play - I watch every game of those that I possibly can.

• Like 1

I agree CanuckStar, I think the NHL should go with bigger rinks to allow some more room for these guys. Not really a fan of blocked shots and seems every other shot attempted is gobbled up before the goalie gets a chance at it. Bigger and faster players need more room. Just my .02.

Smitty

• Like 1

I don't get into any team as much as I used to . The 92 Strike, 94-95 lockout put a bad taste in my mouth and 2004-2005 pretty much sealed disconnected me from the NHL. But when I was a Fan I liked the Red Wings and the Avalanche as a new expansion. Now I pretty much watch the local USHL teams (guys competing trying to get into the NHL)