FORMULA 1 - 2015

VERSTAPPEN WANTS 100 POINTS AND PODIUM IN 2016

Max-Verstappen-1024x683.jpg?resize=750%2

Toro Rosso teenager Max Verstappen has confirmed reports he is determined to aim high in 2016, his second season in Formula 1.
This year, the Dutchman had one of the most memorable rookie seasons in the history of the sport, wowing with his overtakes and amassing an impressive tally of 49 points.
But he wants to double that feat for 2016, as Toro Rosso switches from its underpowered Renault to this year’s specification of the Ferrari power unit.
When asked about that ambitious target, Verstappen told the Dutch broadcaster NOS: “Yeah, 100 points. You have to aim high, right?”
Just 18 years old, he said another target for 2016 is his first podium finish, which would smash the current record held by Sebastian Vettel, who was 21 when he finished a grand prix in the top three for the first time.
“For third place you would need a good engine,” Verstappen explained. “First or second place I think is too much for now — you also have to be realistic.”

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another season ahead, will it be better than the last? I'm certainly hoping there will be less politics involved but that's just wishful thinking! Perhaps I will post less on such issues moving forwa

Bernie's really damaging the sport. He's so far behind the times it's impossible to listen to anything he has to say. Just looking at the way other sports leagues have grown over the past 20 years com

ECCLESTONE: RED BULL ARE ABSOLUTELY 100 PER CENT RIGHT Red Bull is right to argue for rule changes after Mercedes utterly dominated the 2015 season opener, Bernie Ecclestone said on Monday. A rep