Which country has the Cheapest Tobacco Tax?

We all know taxes can make up a huge chunk of the cost of a cuban cigar. Import duties, additional taxes, etc. That being said, what country/countries in the world typically offer the best pricing on cubans? If i bought identifical boxes across the world standing in that shop at a given point in time, where would be the best places?

Thanks

I would imagine Cuba would be the best location to purchase Cubans (hand picked by yourself). 2nd best country would probably be hand picked Cubans from Australia's Czar. If you are in Australia, the low tax thing doesn't apply.

• Like 1

Why USA? Cigars ordered online are duty and tax free for (almost) everyone everywhere in the world...

Except when Customs in some countries like Canada get a hold of them and charge duties/taxes for you to get your stogies out of jail!

Why USA? Cigars ordered online are duty and tax free for (almost) everyone everywhere in the world...

Not if they are legally imported - something which is not possible for CC in the US.

I don't always find Cuba to be the cheapest. Mind you you are supposedly losing 13% on the USD. HC Maximo in Cuba sells for 1700 CUC after the exchange rate its closer to $2000 US. In the internet it is being sold for $1200-$1500. I have found some countries have very close pricing when foreign currencies are being devalued. John

• Like 1

I would imagine Cuba would be the best location to purchase Cubans (hand picked by yourself). 2nd best country would probably be hand picked Cubans from Australia's Czar. If you are in Australia, the low tax thing doesn't apply.

As a fellow Australian I 100% agree!

I am also a bit confused here since if they are delivered to the US, we are still paying the original duty paid by the country that sold it to us. Cuba to Said Country will have a duty/import tax. When we order it we dont pay an additional duty/import tax but we are still passed along the cost of the original duty/import tax in the price of the sticks. d

I am guessing somewhere in the Middle East - some of the oil-rich states and nations don't actually need to tax the population.

This is a complete stab in the dark.

I am guessing somewhere in the Middle East - some of the oil-rich states and nations don't actually need to tax the population.

The absence of taxes doesn't make a cheap price in a country where most natives are "rich" (for our standards).

Prices are not always driven by taxes, and not everywhere.

• Like 1

USA taxation jokes aside, one can analyse the cost of a standard Non-Cuban in each state vs the cost of a Non-Cuban in the purportedly "less-taxed" country. I assume Cuba would be exempt from this as I've never seen an NC sold there.

By this formula, many US states are ruled out of having 'cheap tobacco tax' compared to even Germany.

The original question did ask for 'Cuban' cigars but the title's heading stated 'cigars' in general.

Belize

on the eastern coast of Central America.

try this map not sure its up to date but!

http://www.tobaccoatlas.org/solutions/tobacco_taxes/excise_tax/

I suppose you have never been to Belize... I however just spent the better part of a year living there. Prices are not bad compared to Canada, but not any where near Cuba. When I left six months ago a RASS, JL2, BRC, HdME2 etc were 15USD or 30BZD. There are several different taxes on cigars, including one based on the actual weight of the cigar less packaging, and taxes change as often as wind based on who is working that day in the customs office.... however cigarettes are cheap.

• Like 1