Romeo y Julieta Piramides Anejados Short Review

Strada

post-8384-0-80263900-1420664743_thumb.jp

Romeo y Julieta Piramides Anejados

Size: 52x156

Box Code: GEA MAR 08

Pre-light:
Good aroma at cold, loose is draw and quite soft feeling construction. Doesn't have a that particular 'aged' smell to it.

1st third: Ample amount of dry smoke, toasted tobacco with some wood flavors. Cedar. Medium body and quite smooth.

post-8384-0-31502300-1420664756_thumb.jp

Halfway: Sitting nicely at medium body, short finish, still lots of smoke. Good tobacco and cedar flavors. Definitely taste like a Romeo. A bit too shallow for me. No depth nor character...

Final: increasingly strong and nicotine potent. Not as smooth anymore. Still flavors of toasted tobacco and woodiness. It still has room to mature but I don't know how well it will further age. Good to try for Romeo lovers, I won't be buying a box.

Cheers smile.png

post-8384-0-29806000-1420664747_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Nice to see your mug on the page Simon. nice review. I also found these to be lacking in depth of flavour. Looking forward to truing the Monte Churchill of this release.

Nice to see your mug on the page Simon. nice review. I also found these to be lacking in depth of flavour. Looking forward to truing the Monte Churchill of this release.

Same here, Monte Churchill could be nice!

I put it there just for you Tom ;)

Nice review... bro are you doing reviews while on the clock at work !?!?! Your life must be as hard as Ayallas !! tongue.png

You coming to Brisbane for Havanathon?

Say hi to the Montreal folks for me. ok.gif

Nice review... bro are you doing reviews while on the clock at work !?!?! Your life must be as hard as Ayallas !! tongue.png

You coming to Brisbane for Havanathon?

Say hi to the Montreal folks for me. ok.gif

Lol Part of the job is spread the love for cigars no?!?

I wish I could man, while I am still in school it is a not option. Eventually for sure!

Montréal says hello back!

• 1 month later...

I had one last night while herfing with ChanceSchmer. It was totally wierd. No RyJ characteristics at all. To begin with it was very mild and had the faintest hint of salty short cake biscuit. Towards the middle a little bit of spice came out reminiscent of a weak partagas P2. In the final 2 inches it became quite bitter and ammonia harshness came through. Construction on mine was quite good, no problems. A very weird smoking experience indeed. I won't be buying a box.

• Like 1

I had one last night while herfing with ChanceSchmer. It was totally wierd. No RyJ characteristics at all. To begin with it was very mild and had the faintest hint of salty short cake biscuit. Towards the middle a little bit of spice came out reminiscent of a weak partagas P2. In the final 2 inches it became quite bitter and ammonia harshness came through. Construction on mine was quite good, no problems. A very weird smoking experience indeed. I won't be buying a box.

No sign of aged tobacco in these for me....

Good to see the pic of you and Chris at Foxy's!