If I had the time....I would like to take up ___________

Many of us are time poor but are likely to have an inkling to take up a new specific hobby or new skill.

We just put it off year after year lol3.gif

If the magical time Genie provided you an extra day a week to take something up....must be used on a hobby or skill.....what would be yours?

For me, I have always wanted to learn how to tie fly's properly. I am pretty sure I would find it relaxing. and it goes hand in hand with my passions of fly fishing, cigars and fine wine.

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pottery...

I so want to learn to fly a plane. It has been on my bucket list since I was a kid. This is my top priority once my kid gets through college.

I always wanted to learn how to carve a pipe from a solid piece of aged briar wood.Also attach the stem and apply the stain. There are books and videos available on the subject but alas it is very di

What a cool query!

I have a very long and ever changing list, but I would rank loading my own shells, and spending some serious time getting to know my wood lathe, at the top of that list for now.

Always wanted to play guitar, but I'm getting a bit old & arthritic in the digits for that now

• Like 1

Scuba diving and living on a small farm in the south of Spain / France not far from the Med.

Growing grapes (for my home brew) animals abound (goats, sheep, alpacas,

donkey or two, chickens with small auto to get around (shopping, visiting, etc..)

A place where the sun shines 320 days a year but close to ocean / mountains so

when it gets too hot retreat to the hills.

• Like 3

I always wanted to learn how to carve a pipe from a solid piece of aged briar wood.Also attach the stem and apply the stain.

There are books and videos available on the subject but alas it is very difficult to make the time.

• Like 4

If I had one day a week I would build my work bench, tool shelf and saw vice. Then I would get real good with all my hand powered woodwork tools. All hand no electricity what so ever, and start building the furniture for my house.

I could do it with power tools but the romance disappears when I put on the goggles, earmuffs, and breathing equipment.

• Like 1

I so want to learn to fly a plane. It has been on my bucket list since I was a kid. This is my top priority once my kid gets through college.

What are you waiting for?! Trial Intro Flights are pretty cheap.

• Like 2

Just started learning to play Ukelele,

Recently I took up Land Based Game Fishing,

Just beginning 3-Gun and Multigun along with IPSC pistol competitive shooting.

Always wanted to learn how to Skipper/Sail/Navigate a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd like to learn to play violin. But I fear that's not purely a pursuit of time, but it also requires skill, natural abilities and coordination.... where can I get those from??

• Like 2