Run over by Whale Shark

Fosgate

I have been fascinated by the whale shark since I was a little kid. Don't know what it is about them that seems so cool. I know they don't eat people but it would be nice if folks would just leave them alone. Maybe if a whale shark ate just ONE human, we might feel the same about swimming with them as we do about white sharks.

(I don't wish ill for humankind, just like to see a little more consideration for animal kind)

• Like 2

I have been fascinated by the whale shark since I was a little kid. Don't know what it is about them that seems so cool. I know they don't eat people but it would be nice if folks would just leave them alone. Maybe if a whale shark ate just ONE human, we might feel the same about swimming with them as we do about white sharks.

(I don't wish ill for humankind, just like to see a little more consideration for animal kind)

i think the food is krill or plankton - humans definitely not. the problem is that they are now a tourist attraction and so have boats take out tourists to swim with them. the upside is that i guess anything promoting humans living with nature and interacting, without killing it, is very positive.

i remember when i was fishing on christmas island in the pacific a few years back - fly fishing for bonefish - someone mentioned that a whale shark had been sighted. the guides had no idea what a whale shark was and one asked if there was any chance we could toss a fly at it. that might have been interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if the sound is fake or not but I thought it was pretty damn funny. Guess the guy was lucky is was a whale shark and not something wanting to make a meal out of him.

I think the sound is real. Anyway great vid

i think the food is krill or plankton - humans definitely not. the problem is that they are now a tourist attraction and so have boats take out tourists to swim with them. the upside is that i guess anything promoting humans living with nature and interacting, without killing it, is very positive.

i remember when i was fishing on christmas island in the pacific a few years back - fly fishing for bonefish - someone mentioned that a whale shark had been sighted. the guides had no idea what a whale shark was and one asked if there was any chance we could toss a fly at it. that might have been interesting.

Toss a fly at him it in a kayak