I've been a little lazy on welcoming new members, how about you?

bradbrennan

Lot of new member intros lately it appears. Most here really are quite welcoming, even if it doesn't seem that way in lack of response to your Newbie Introduction. I've certainly not always made a point to open all intros, but it seems we've all been paying less attention to them lately. For me it's easier to share a little more with a new member welcome if I see something in common with them, and I think I see that in other's comments as well.

Newbie Intro can be a great way to interact and get to know a few of the many on this site. If that's part of what you want on here I'd suggest sharing a couple more simple things in your intro. Most are completely anonymous anyway so adding something a little closer to where you're from shouldn't alert the feds :) but gives others a chance to quickly connect with someone in their backyard. A couple more easy connections for me... hint to your age, hobbies, what you've enjoyed smoking cc or nc, career.

Any other members have some to add?

• Like 1

Hey Brad, welcome and do not pay attention to Shlomo. He can be annoying, all the time.

Olga

• Like 1

Hi Brad - Great post and very true.

I don't often welcome new members as quite frankly as much as my heart is always set on being warm and friendly to each and every one, there are quite often a great many new members and hard to get to each and every one of them to say the same "Welcome to FOH" ;)

In saying this, every few months or so, I do get onto a few and send out well wishes.

What I personally think would be a better way for newcomers would be a single thread (No different to FOHers Daily smoke) where everyone posts on that one thread, they still get to say hello and post their intro, but long term members like myself could post a simple "Hello" which would cover all newbies and or should one have the time, engage individuals via a Quote and be more personable....

Just an idea. ;) But I guess it's worked well enough for this long the way it is. peace.gif

• Like 1

As I have the opportunity I generally greet and welcome new members in their intro threads.

Been a bit lax lately as not spending quite so much time on the forum.

In many cases I'll make an inquiry based on facts they may have included. Experience is that typically just 1-2 out of 5 respond. Agree people should follow topics they start.

By the way, greetings and welcome to all the new members I've not had a chance to do so!

• Like 1

My comment was not directed at Brad, it was directed at new members. Such as yourself.

And who are you to judge?

My comment was not directed at Brad, it was directed at new members. Such as yourself.

Hey Brad, welcome and do not pay attention to Shlomo. He can be annoying, all the time.

Olga

All good... I knew what you both meant, and I think you both meant well no worries please. was just trying offer some tips to the newbie introductions to get more replies for them.

I think you might have a problem with reading. Take a look back, you are the one judging. Not me.

Wow! I did misread! My apologies to you Shlomo and others. :(

• Like 1