1966 Vs. Supremos

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both excellent cigars- but for size and flavor (I guess now that it has over 3 years age) I would say 1966 is the winner for me. Imo it looks better with pigtail cap, box presentation, etc...

Only had 1 supermo LCDH Montreal at FULL pop! and it was terrible, construction was poor, draw VERY stiff, wrapper came apart just past halfway, had a stem in it I could see but didn't have a tool with me to get it out...was a complete waste of money and I should have asked for a replacement. That being said, I will try again as that was not a proper example.

I really enjoyed the falvour profile of the Supremo but am not a huge fan of the size. It was kind of like the blender took all the best from a Monte 520 and a Cohiba 1966 and made it into one cigar.

I've only had one 1966. It was in Havana at the Partagas meeting of friends, April 2012.

Both my buddy and I agreed it was extremely disappointing.

Was planning on buying them before that. Ended up purchasing BHK 54's instead. Happy with my purchase.

Just received two boxes of Supremos. I'll probably let them sit a while before trying one... but I'll be back to vote!

/Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've had many 1966's and a couple of Supremos. I remember being "wowed" by the first 1966's I ever smoked. That includes ROTT, 6 months later, 1 year later, etc. No Supremo has given me the same feeling.

I loved the 1966's the first 18 months or so they came out. Really thought it could be something special. But have not had one since that I enjoyed out of 10 or so, from different boxes.

Only smoked one supremos and loved the flavors. I enjoyed a large ring gauge but cmon lol that is ridiculous. At this point not really a fan of either but will keep a few boxes in hope that down the road something changes.

I had full box of 1966 and 3 supremos, 1966 is excellent but not that worth when now this price, it worths your try. Supremos deosn't get much vote because it's still young(in sick period?) and its size, they need more more time.