Saw this mentioned on another forum.

Halfwheel has the story.

"Production on the 7 x 47 Churchill vitola ceased in the second half of 2014, with news of the official delisting coming recently from Antoine Bathie of SEITA, the distributor of the line in France, along with the Jose L. Piedra marca"

A shame if true.

Let the run on Imperiales commence! :P

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares? We want stubby cigars with a 56 rg that can be smoked in 30 minutes and which price could buy 5 or 6 petits coronas, don't we?

A few years ago ( maybe 2004 or 2005 ) I asked about some diplomaticos and q'do's at the store on 63rd & avenida premiera in vara . The answer I got ( re q'do's ) was ... They don't stock many be

I agree, super classy brand. Maybe that's why it's being killed, classy and Cuban cigars are starting to be strange bedfellows. It seems to all be about big, loud and obnoxious cigars. None of the R

Damn good cigar. Shame to see Habanos once again drop the ball on a great cigar from a smaller marca....I guess Qd'o will be a regional centric brand like Flor de cano...

That is very sad to hear. A very good and low on the radar kind of cigar. Will need to add these to the purchase list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA reporting the news as well....looks like we lost a great one.

Article basically confirms what i thought, the brand will stay alive with the regional program...

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/Cuban-Quai-D-Orsay-Brand-Cut-Down-to-One-Size-17983

Garbage. A few years from now and the only Churchill size left will be the RyJ. Which I'm sure is exactly what the morons making these decisions want.

Seriously, what's left in that size besides RyJ? Boli CG, Cohiba Esplendidos, Upmann Sir Winston. That's a Goddamn travesty. Getting really sick of this discontinuation bullspit, while on the other hand they churn out crap new releases that are shorter and fatter each time.

Okay. Rant over.

• Like 3

To be fair - when was the last time you bought a box of these? My first one ever was only a few months ago... Not exactly hot sellers these. :(

• Like 2

Wow this really bummed. I do buy these every chance I get. It's the first larger cigar I went deep on (well, my definition of deep anyway). It's such a nuanced smoke and I feel like this is going to leave a void.

Is it possible that this is related to the difficulty growing larger wrapper due to the weather? If they're going to be thin on wrapper, why waste it on something that doesn't sell? Also, if it's going to be years before that wrapper becomes available for the imperiales again why not just axe it?

Any way, not looking forward to the QDO 6.5"x56 regional....

I'm a big fan of the Boli CG. Out of that list I wouldn't be surprised if that is next in the chopping block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn

I love them w age, have lots, will need to buy more I guess....very classy brand IMHO

I agree, super classy brand. Maybe that's why it's being killed, classy and Cuban cigars are starting to be strange bedfellows. It seems to all be about big, loud and obnoxious cigars. :(

None of the RE releases have been able to hold a candle to the Corona, Grand Corona, Panetela or Imperials in balance or reflection of what makes QDO unique in Cuba nevermind worldwide.

I wonder how long the corona has to last. It cant be good business to have a $8 cigar that outclasses the latest $100 Cohiba Dongmaster 3000

• Like 4

Garbage. A few years from now and the only Churchill size left will be the RyJ. Which I'm sure is exactly what the morons making these decisions want.

Seriously, what's left in that size besides RyJ? Boli CG, Cohiba Esplendidos, Upmann Sir Winston. That's a Goddamn travesty. Getting really sick of this discontinuation bullspit, while on the other hand they churn out crap new releases that are shorter and fatter each time.

Okay. Rant over.

At least RyJ gives us four different "churchill" sizes to choose from!