How do you deal with cracked wrappers?

I recently received a box of Partagas Seleccion Privada's and at first glance looked beautiful how ever when I was inspecting each cigar I discovered that one was badly cracked at the head. I have smoked cigars with slight crack and even smoke cigars that have creaked and the wrapper has come off completely but with this cigar I am hesitating to smoke it as I would have to destroy it or have a bad impression of the cigar. So how do you or how would you deal with this, I have thought about smoking it backwards.

post-9283-0-11984400-1423175006_thumb.jp

post-9283-0-76887900-1423175012_thumb.jp

If you smoke it backwards the wrapper will completely unravel. Wrappers are put on by design to keep from un raveling but in one direction only. Take a look at the way it overlaps itself. If It's smoked backwards, there is nothing to hold the wrapper down. See what I mean?

In another conversation it was mentioned that may be one of the purposes of the cap. So you know which end to light.

-Dan

• Like 1

grocery store, it comes in a powder form, follow the instructions, you want to make it to almost liquid state and use a small brush to apply it. i bought a new thin paint brush for that. works great

In all honesty it doesn't look that bad, sure it not great that its cracked and although it might not smoke like an unblemished stick it reminds me of the first time I tried a Bolivar Petit Cornonas. I had just brewed a strong pot of coffee and had carefully cut the cap off the cigar, I was very pleased with the cut, it looked and smelt like a delicious cigar, my mouth began to water so I hurried through to the kitchen to pour a large mug of coffee.

The plan was to get comfortable, get a good book and kick back on the balcony with the Bolivar and the coffee. I then went through to the room where I had cut the cigar and was puzzled that it wasn't sitting on the table near my computer where I had left it, so I assumed that it had rolled off the table onto the floor. Sure enough, I found the cigar on the floor but to my horror it had six or seven bite marks, holes puncturing the wrapper right through to the filler where my cat had obviously had a great time chewing it.

I didn't know what to do, there were no bite marks near the foot, nay, it had to be near the head, but undeterred, I smoked that cigar holding it like a flute with eight fingers and a couple of thumbs and I have to say, it blew my head off and was a helluva nice smoke.

So there you have it, hold it like a flute lmao.gif

Ever since I moved to my house in the forest I have found more simple solutions to just about any issues that come up, including this one. I take a tiny bit of water and put it on the cracked area. You have to do this or the wrapper will get more damaged. Then I put a tiny bit of honey on my finger and apply it to the area and press it down so the wrapper is in place. blow on it so it dries and then let it sit for a couple of minutes.

The trick for any of these repairs is when you smoke the cigar, holding it often sticks to your fingers and the repair was done in vain.

So move the band up towards the repair and use it as a bandaid.

HI LITTLE NICKY!

• Like 1

You could always send them back to wherever you got them from? Your paying for the premium limited edition not a regular production....apparently. Move the two bands up to cover it and smoke it!

• Like 2

You could always send them back to wherever you got them from? Your paying for the premium limited edition not a regular production....apparently. Move the two bands up to cover it and smoke it!

It looks like they are going to give me a credit for the value of what I payed so I should be ok if not well might not order from them again. My biggest concern is going to be when I go to cut it the cap is going to break off completely and its going to unravel but we shall see I might have to cut the cap with a small pair of scissors and hopefully keep it from getting worse if I don't try to repair it

• Like 3

It looks like they are going to give me a credit for the value of what I payed so I should be ok if not well might not order from them again. My biggest concern is going to be when I go to cut it the cap is going to break off completely and its going to unravel but we shall see I might have to cut the cap with a small pair of scissors and hopefully keep it from getting worse if I don't try to repair it

Good...and not worth the hassle of trying to enjoy a cigar...

Pulled out a Boli RC to smoke on the drive home a short while back, lifted the arm rest to grab my lighter with the cigar clenched between my front teeth and smashed the arm rest into the cigar, meaning I bit about a cm into the cigar, played with the band, moved it up over the pothole and it smoked beautifuly

If it's not good enough for your standards, what does it say about your view of who you give it to?

I give them to the people who work for me ....they love it...good enough ...broken cigars are of no value to me personally . I also take what is damaged that is delivered amongst other cigars to an aged care facility once a month and play chess with a hand full of elderly men in a store room... I have permission.. Got it ! what a single minded comment.

In your case, I would use a punch and attempt to smoke it. Don't use your cutter, as you risk the cigar unwrapping on you. You either smoke it, enjoy it for what it is. or toss it...

Not sure if anyone uses the same way but i'll cut the long sticky strip from rolling papers to fix a long crack.

Cut as needed, put the sticky paper on the crack, use a little water and dab gently using a clean dry cloth.

post-19915-0-17458600-1423226653_thumb.j

• Like 4