Guantanamera to be discontinued

My go to for a cheap smoke or pre-softball smoke is Quintero Favoritos..which reminds me i need to order a box before spring...

My buddy's brother in law runs a charity golf tournament every year, one of the holes is sponsored by a local cigar shop and you pay some money to do a putt for a prize and you get a free Guant. Well, because there are always a bunch left at the end of the day I get most of them. Have about 30 or so...have never smoked one...

Kinda sad for me I guess, they have always had a sentimental value for me. My daughter got married in Varadero in "09" we smoked them for there price and availability. Though I have since moved on to much better cigars, I still recognize there aroma, and the sight or smell of them still make me smile!

It's somewhat ironic how the US version of this cigar sued Corporacion Habanos, S.A for trademark infringement when they brought out their (completely different style) cigar brand name a few years later. Ok, so the US version is hand made, the Cuban is machine made, but I would love, just love, these non-Cuban brands of iconic Cuban cigars (i.e. Cohiba, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta etc.) to disappear instead.

I would agree that a 'gran reserva giant' would be a funny and memorable send-off.

I remember smoking these in a hotel in Cuamagey when Fidel first fell ill and soldiers were patrolling the hotel corridor. Our guide was finally speaking his mind and we got bottles of Havana Club to pass round. Awful smoke but will never forget that night.

I've smoked the Cristales, and they couldn't be finished. I think my palate was fried for a couple days. I haven't bought any "quick fix" cigars in many years... and only light up when I have 45-60 minutes to dedicate to a worthwhile cigar. Maybe I'll try the Puritos one of these days.

• Like 3

**** with a burnt oak taste? Your sales pitch racks disaprin

Just being brutally honest! Also, by '****', I only refer to their look. They don't look like they smoke well but their profile suits me nicely.

burnt oak is the only way to best describe them here. actually enjoyable.

But the Troyas are 50% more expensive and last 3 times longer... If you take em out of the tubes........... innocent.gif