2015 FOH International Blind Tasting Competition: Cigar Number 1

El Presidente

Smoked my cigar today. Kinda rushed through it. First third was very harsh and bitter to me. Cigar started to mellow out after the first third. Lots of dark coffee with leather. Final third was very raw and harsh to me. I did get some hints of floral notes from retrohail. IMO this is a very young cigar and is going to throw a lot of people off. I'm sure if it was aged for a year or 2 it would have been easier to identify. Next cigar I'm going to take the time and do a proper review .

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys a big hello from me to all of you,I m doing well so far and 8 m glad that I can use this way to be in touch with all of you

No offense to the ones remaining, for I know not of their circumstance, but we have already a late start and longer smoking window for this week, and a month + is plenty! Hurry it up gents! If I was

Just have to pop out but will post the results in a half hour

Okay boys I am just waiting on the following members and than I will post up the results ok.gif

jdackerman

Meiki

Nutcracker

Lisa

Not trying to be pushy at all :) but it appears Meiki and Nutcracker haven't been active for several weeks, maybe they did have something pull them away?

• Like 4

I can't wait for the reveal! Chop chop guys, those cigars can't smoke themselves!

+1

Hi Folks,

Hey jdackerman, thought this may be a better way to send a friendly reminder on the Blind Tasting Cigar #1 as your pm may be full

I'll talk about my experience now as the results are up and I didn't want to sway anyone before it was announced.

Mine was a sample that dropped ash every couple puffs. It also wouldn't comfortably fit into a standard mareva box from my humidor. It was bland and boring tasting. I thought for sure it was tripa corta and so I cut it open during the last 1.5 inch to see. I was wrong. Lovely hand rolled long filler that looked quite nice. Was a great lesson in how a cigar is rolled, but left me at a massive blank for a guess.

Oh well... Onward and upward for #2!

When is the due date for #2?

pretty sure when Rob set up the first thread they were exactly a month apart so it would be May 6th

pretty sure when Rob set up the first thread they were exactly a month apart so it would be May 6th

i think it's due April 30th, then the rest at the end of each month. I'm downstairs at the moment smoking no. 2, and from memory there was an email rob sent with the due dates.

Okay boys I am just waiting on the following members and than I will post up the results :ok:

Lisa

maybe one of the princesses could give us an update on the next date please :-)

The following is an excerpt from the original now deleted post from El Pres dated 6 JAN

I will have a dedicated thread for 2015
FOH BLIND TASTING Cigar 1 pinned to the forum from the Feb 15th . You are
invited to provide a brief review but not disclose the cigar on the forum. You
will e-mail Lisa your selection. April 6th (or earlier if you wish). I will
post up a spreadsheet of the results and the answer.

For the following cigars
it is easy. Cigar 2 by April 30, Cigar 3 by May 31st (etc etc). Each time I will
post the results via spreadsheet on the forum 7 days after the close.

Forgot to mention, I can forward the full post to you if you wish. I have it saved as an e-mail.

I don't think we need the full post thank you very much!

Can we have a cigar #2 post please? I'm itching to smoke it!

• Like 1

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic