How long could you smoke without smoking another cigar from now on?

Following on from the excellent topic, 'How long could you smoke without buying another cigar from now on?' I thought I'd ask our good members how long they can go between cigars.

Sometimes we get busy, sometimes it's the weather and sometimes there are stretches between herfs.

Myself, at the moment, I'm at one to two weeks between cigars, I've slowed down from the January summer holidays (in Australia).

I have my evening 'down time' from about 6:30/7pm until about 8/8:30pm daily. My little girl is down for the night, dinner is done and I have cleaned up, and the wife is having her own down time (that is time she does not have to put up with me!!).

I am up at 5am daily. I work hard and usually through lunch. I don't like to miss my 'down time'. I never get too busy and I live in Southern California so the weather is never an issue.

So...my answer is about 24 hours sleeping.gif

• Like 1

Right now I am down to a smoke every 2 to 3 weeks. Its brutally cold here right now so going out for a smoke is out of the question. I have one in the car here and there when driving but unfortunately can't have any drinks to go with it. I can only get away with an occasional one in the house without huffing and puffing from the wife.

How long can I and how long do I are two very different questions.

Can? I CAN never have another cigar again if I so choose. No problem. I wouldn't be happy about it, but its not like I need it.

Do? I do often go 4-5 weeks between cigars during the Winter.

I work away, so sometimes it can be 4-6 weeks between cigars for me

During a normal week there is rarely more than 3 days between cigars

I could stop tomorrow if I HAD to.

I wouldn't like it, but I would manage

I recently quit drinking for a spell (6 weeks since I had a beer, 2 more weeks til I can have one again) and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be

I cant imagine cigars would be much worse... but then, what do I know?

I own and control my habit rather than it controlling me. I could quit right now if I want to and find other outlets. I just happen to enjoy this one and can easily go months if need be.

I agree with others- I could end cigar smoking if I had to. I've gone over a year just letting cigars age, distracted/busy... And whenever sick I usually go a month. As for buying, that's the addicting part :P

I have quite enough to last me through a few decades

Started smoking again last year after about a 10 year break. I smoke from 1-6 cigars a week depending on weather and my caseload for the week. Like others have said, the buying, reading and communicating with botl takes up more of my time than smoking. Smoking in the house is not an option for me otherwise I would smoke more.

I actually smoke a cigar pretty much every day around 4pm. Or when Matthew says, "Cigar time?". But I sometomes miss a day or two. But sometimes I have 2 in a day.

I basically make up for all of you guys.

Thanks for that; it was beginning to look like I was the only one with a "mostly one a day, sometimes two" habit.

That said, I'm eight days into a cigar free Lent :-D and yes I know that it is a sad statement on my character that I am counting the days.

• Like 1