MONTECRISTO 80 Aniversario. Special Commemorative Edition

post-15176-0-94104300-1425010696_thumb.j

Montecristo, one of Habanos S.A.’s most recognized brands around the world, has decided to present smokers with a special and one-of-a-kind vitola to mark its 80th anniversary.
Montecristo 80 Aniversario was specially selected by Habanos S.A. to commemorate the foundation of this larger-than-life brand back in 1935. The 20 habanos in this exclusive edition have been “completely hand-rolled with long filler”, following a selection of exquisite filler, binder and wrapper leaves from the finest tobacco plantations of Vuelta Abajo* (D.O.P.).
The vitola and the blend, especially strong, have been designed for smokers who prefer intense tastes.
The Montecristo 80 Aniversario is unique, with special sizes unseen in any other product within the Habanos’ regular vitola portfolio, since it’s been specially devised to lure smokers who prefer thick ring-gauge habanos of exquisite, well-balanced and intense blend.
This commemorative edition comes in an exclusively designed box made with Cuba’s finest softwood, featuring a fancy brown-glazed finish and all the edges beautifully beveled. The box lid sports the Montecristo round seal on top, inspired in the band design that stands out for its bright gilt shades.
This edition’s habanos also feature an exclusive and innovative presentation. For this occasion, the brand’s band is fully finished in gold, coupled with a second band that proudly depicts the edition’s motif: 80 Aniversario.
Montecristo is the best known and perhaps the most coveted habano brand, penciled in by many as the taste benchmark among all Cuban cigars. It was named after the character in “The Count of Montecristo” novel penned by Alejandro Dumas, a highly acclaimed literary work among cigar rollers at the H. Upmann factory in Havana, where the brand was founded in 1935.
Its exquisite blend is exclusively made with leaves hailing from Vuelta Abajo, the land of the world’s best tobacco. Its two blends –the original, featuring a mild-to-strong taste, and the mild strength of the Open line- deliver a distinct aroma that continues to captivate both the most seasoned smokers and those who are cutting their teeth in the realm of habanos.
Source: Habanos
  • Like 3

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Alejandro Dumas”? What's next, Juan-Paolo Sartre? Guillermo Shakespeare?

I would wager a very high percentage are sold for resale. Then, miraculously, these cigars get rated as the best cigars ever (see Cohiba 1966) and they get resold to the must-have bling crowd. Not t

I had a minor "acting" role in Pump and Dump 7.

What happened to those bands! Those look like the ugly NC "edicion limitada" phonies. What is the ring gauge?

I don't know the ring gauge, bro but I think there is a thread somewhere wwith many releases dimensions.

I am using cell phone at the moment, hard to search.

Why not a 50 cab of 80th anniversary Coronas. Same amount of tobacco and nobody needs to dislocate a jaw.

What is with these donkey **** ring gauges anyway?

• Like 3

I already had 12 e-mails this morning wanting to be put on a reserve list and i am not even sure if I will see any rolleyes.gif

No idea on pricing/production or when/if available.

I have a gut feel these will sell well regardless of pricing. There is always a market for special release Monte, Cohiba, Partagas. Other Marques struggle (Cuaba).

Simply a case of different strokes for different folks. I won't be keeping a box for myself but that is a personal thing.

• Like 4

I already had 12 e-mails this morning wanting to be put on a reserve list and i am not even sure if I will see any rolleyes.gif

No idea on pricing/production or when/if available.

I have a gut feel these will sell well regardless of pricing. There is always a market for special release Monte, Cohiba, Partagas. Other Marques struggle (Cuaba).

Simply a case of different strokes for different folks. I won't be keeping a box for myself but that is a personal thing.

I wonder what percentage of buyers purchase these types of releases to smoke vs. purchase as an investment/bling?

I read a review on these from the festival. The person couldn't have rated it higher and based of that review I will be looking to pick up a few.

I'd be careful - many times the festival cigars have been a very different cigar than the final release.. I'd wait for more reviews of the regular release first.

• Like 1

@keith - I certainly have resold with profit and I am not against that. It's not like cigars are life essentials and people are being gauged. People can always chose not to buy.

However, I find the "pump and dump" phenomenon that happens with the high profile LE and RE releases curious.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have tasted it twice and for me it's an absolutely fantastic cigar. Of course I hope the market release is as good as the cigars from the 17th Habanos Festival.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Man, people are already wanting to get on a list for this cigar since its posting---crazy lol

They could put a Montecristo or Cohiba band on an actual dog ****, make it a limited edition with three bands, and put it in a shiny box - and people will be lining up to buy it.

I am beginning to sound like PigFish ;)

• Like 4

Had the chance to smoke two of them in the last two weeks. They are beautiful cigars. Very meaty. Honestly, very different of the Monte limited edition profile. These cigars show big ageing potential. They will probably cost a lot of money but it would be a shame not to give them a try if you have a chance.