MONTECRISTO 80 Aniversario. Special Commemorative Edition

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Alejandro Dumas”? What's next, Juan-Paolo Sartre? Guillermo Shakespeare?

I would wager a very high percentage are sold for resale. Then, miraculously, these cigars get rated as the best cigars ever (see Cohiba 1966) and they get resold to the must-have bling crowd. Not t

I had a minor "acting" role in Pump and Dump 7.

Orion... I'm pretty much on the same page you are, On my part,less than a year ago, I was a collector. Buying cigars to stash them and have them. Then, I had a car accident, july last year. I was in my car at a rd light with my son and a crazy guy collisioned in my car at a speed nearing 80 km/h. Everyone survived, I had a broken arm. I realized that you never know when all lf this is going to end so I pretty much started to smoke my good cigars... and, I'm very happy I did. Right now, I'm already sitting on a couple of these Monte's 80th and I already smoked a couple... And I'm glad I did. These are made to be smoked. What good are they if, once in a while, you can't light them up?

Sorry to hear of your accident and glad you and your family are ok. I couldn't agree more with your words - live for today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, planetary said:

Who, indeed...

b22d46c2007ea5d95bb46cf4acb56806.jpg

(@Ken Gargett) :) 

that is cruel. on two fronts.

worst of all, you show me with one of the small fish. hard world.

but no, i do not like fat ring gauges - plenty of quotes and videos to attest to that. but i do like DCs and longer format cigars. different. mind you, i would try one of these. 

• Like 2

On 29/07/2016 at 7:13 PM, kostashabanos said:

28 pounds  each in england

You did well. I paid £37.99 for a single. 

Only problem is .... my LCDH  in Germany only received 2 - two - boxes of them MC 80.... :angry: and they melt as fast as butter in the sun.

As for verdict : Smoked a few so far and it is one of the best cigars I've had in a long time.

• Like 3

I believe it is 30,000 sticks - 1500 boxes of 20. At least that's what one well-known tobacconist posted....

I believe it is 30,000 sticks - 1500 boxes of 20. At least that's what one well-known tobacconist posted....

This is the number I believe to be true. I wonder if the boxes are individually numbered...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

30,000 sticks filled with smoke and magic! (and that chocolate profile) :-) Will be interesting to see how folks feel about them! 

1 hour ago, brandoncpm said:

Thought I read 30,000 somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

4 minutes ago, Cubatabaco said:

This is the number I believe to be true. I wonder if the boxes are individually numbered...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I really dont know. The number in my head is XX thousand boxes but now that you said XX thousand sticks sounds perfect true.

2 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Yeah, that would be a lot of boxes! :o

One wonders if they will actually make that many :rolleyes:

.....they haven't finished rolling out the Bushido as yet. 

• Like 2

I've just confirmed in Habanos website. Like Brandon hás just said, 30 thousand boxes (estuches).

I remember I had the same reaction, Mike, a lot of boxes. That's why I was searching for more info now that it hás been released.

http://www.habanos.com/en/noticias/montecristo-vitola-especial-80-aniversario/?age-verified=dd910b2bca

• Like 1

Wow, doesn't sound very 'exclusive' to me :lol:

My info came from an offer to preorder: Comments: Pre-Orders taken now. These Monte 80 Anniversario are a limited production of only 1500 boxes.

Must keep in mind this vendor has also previously announced the demise of certain offerings before it was so.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

One wonders if they will actually make that many :rolleyes:

.....they haven't finished rolling out the Bushido as yet. 

Will you get many ?

Saw hints from your 24:24 words but not really clear for my understanding...

3 minutes ago, Hoepssa said:

Will you get many ?

Saw hints from your 24:24 words but not really clear for my understanding...

Honestly, who knows. 

By rights they will start with a dribble and then followed up by healthy supply and then gone. 

caveat. We are talking about HSA :rolleyes:

Sounds interesting and worth a try, though probably a little rich for my blood, price-wise.

I'm not too keen on limited editions cigars in general. Best case scenario is I love the stick, and won't be able to get them regularly. Worst case scenario is they're more gimmick than substance.

• Like 2