MONTECRISTO 80 Aniversario. Special Commemorative Edition

I'm really curious about this cigar. A member of a german cigar forum smoked about 4 from the habanos festival. He stated it as the Best cigars he ever hab. The same guy received 2 boxen of the "regular" production and tried one or two sticks and was deeply dissappointed. Like a completly other blend in his sick phase. I'm really looking forward to some other opinions on this cigar. However I could not get my fingers on the sticks anyway. They dissappeared from my chart during the online ordering process of a local Casa :(

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Alejandro Dumas”? What's next, Juan-Paolo Sartre? Guillermo Shakespeare?

I would wager a very high percentage are sold for resale. Then, miraculously, these cigars get rated as the best cigars ever (see Cohiba 1966) and they get resold to the must-have bling crowd. Not t

I had a minor "acting" role in Pump and Dump 7.

1 hour ago, Cerebrum said:

I'm really curious about this cigar. A member of a german cigar forum smoked about 4 from the habanos festival. He stated it as the Best cigars he ever hab. The same guy received 2 boxen of the "regular" production and tried one or two sticks and was deeply dissappointed. Like a completly other blend in his sick phase.

....like you hear it so often.

I wonder if HSA is not cheating here.

If you manage to bring out a few pre-production cigars for festivals, why not then starting the full run immediately in the follow if you got the materials? But with a current lead period of one or even two years in some instances, I doubt it is the same tobacco/crop being used.

Appears as if they rather try and reproduce that pre-prod blend. Sometimes they seem to succeed, sometimes not so much.

• Like 2

Today was a good day. I had 4 very good cigars and one good cigar. The good was the Monte 80.
cc5c291c4c876a7a93042f7a849f8403.png

Attended the PCC launch event and made some friends. Monte 80 on the other hand wasn't special especially for the price they are asking for there. They don't care... Sold out and taking pre order PAYMENTS on the next batch. I used to think I like big ring gauges. I'm thinking maybe not.

Other cigars I had today
Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos
Partagas D5
Partagas D4
Partagas Short

Great event non the less, food and drinks included and cost less than the price they are going to charge per stick! Strange one....

P.s they will have a run of 30,000 boxes according to PCC so many to follow after first batch...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunsmoke said:

Today was a good day. I had 4 very good cigars and one good cigar. The good was the Monte 80.
cc5c291c4c876a7a93042f7a849f8403.png

Attended the PCC launch event and made some friends. Monte 80 on the other hand wasn't special especially for the price they are asking for there. They don't care... Sold out and taking pre order PAYMENTS on the next batch. I used to think I like big ring gauges. I'm thinking maybe not.

Other cigars I had today
Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos
Partagas D5
Partagas D4
Partagas Short

Great event non the less, food and drinks included and cost less than the price they are going to charge per stick! Strange one....

P.s they will have a run of 30,000 boxes according to PCC so many to follow after first batch...

Shhhhh.....I told you don't let everyone know about the skinnies @Sunsmoke ! :lol:

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 3:45 AM, Cerebrum said:

I'm really curious about this cigar. A member of a german cigar forum smoked about 4 from the habanos festival. He stated it as the Best cigars he ever hab. The same guy received 2 boxen of the "regular" production and tried one or two sticks and was deeply dissappointed. Like a completly other blend in his sick phase. I'm really looking forward to some other opinions on this cigar. However I could not get my fingers on the sticks anyway. They dissappeared from my chart during the online ordering process of a local Casa :(

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

There are a lot of people out there who are completely full of it for their own personal interest. I only trust reviews from people I know to be trustworthy and have excellent palates; here and elsewhere. 

Theres only so much AAA leaf coming out of Vuelta. Like Rob said I wouldnt hold your breath for that 2nd batch. Might get released a year later with leaf from a completely different harvest or farm. Not the same cigar. Would certainly make sense from a marketing perspective, send out what you have of the absolute best leaf for release dinners to all the talking heads, then release the 2nd tier stuff on the heels of stellar reviews. 

• Like 1

Managed to get my hands on a couple of them. Beautiful cold aroma, silky wrapper and nice springiness at the touch.

Can't wait to fire one up soon!

de343b6e130a092e1ad97c9663d0e9c4.jpg9b0c4b450b405bbc7cec7eb54077af07.jpg

• Like 1

Wonder which small rg cigar theyre killing to make 30k of this monstrosity?!?

They are pretty monstrous in size, that's true, but so is the Behike 56

Worth a try IMO...

• Like 1

They are pretty monstrous in size, that's true, but so is the Behike 56

Worth a try IMO...

Its doubtful i wont try one or buy a box, just making point that we lose a lot of desirable smaller vitolas, yet see more of these come out. I know its all for sales, just pointing it out is all.
  • Like 1

Its doubtful i wont try one or buy a box, just making point that we lose a lot of desirable smaller vitolas, yet see more of these come out. I know its all for sales, just pointing it out is all.

Totally agree on the disappearance of smaller vitolas...

That's what I'm thinking also !!!! Jawbreaker at THAT price?

Guy

They came in a fair bit lower in the end ~24euros/stick in Germany. I have read mixed reviews though in comparison to the pre-release version.

Finally managed to put some time aside to fire up this behemoth.

Good balance of flavours throughout with nuttiness, spices and leather well amalgamated.

Strength on light to medium for all three tercios, which is a bit of a letdown IMO for a cigar of this size.

Perfect burn and draw, showing real craftsmanship has gone into the rolling of this cigar.

In conclusion, definitely a good cigar yet nothing worth the hype nor the price. Will I buy a box? Probably. However the lack of strength is a bit worrisome in terms of ageing potential.

87/100

5c86dd30c3153458d16dcee882212126.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3 August 2016 at 2:27 AM, El Presidente said:

One wonders if they will actually make that many :rolleyes:

.....they haven't finished rolling out the Bushido as yet. 

Forgive the OT, Rob, but are there many Bushidos boxes due to arrive?

On 2 augustus 2016 at 10:22 PM, nino said:

Only problem is .... my LCDH  in Germany only received 2 - two - boxes of them MC 80.... :angry: and they melt as fast as butter in the sun.

As for verdict : Smoked a few so far and it is one of the best cigars I've had in a long time.

I agree they are wonderful