Songs you are embarrassed you love so much

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was at a stoplight belting out Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Mittler on the verge of crying. Looked to my right and found this teenage girl driver just staring at me. Awkward!!! But I love that s

Take On Me by A-ha. Who can forget that video?

years ago, skiing with friends in northern italy. we were headed up in one of the giant cable cars - took about 30 jammed in. i was the very corner but very happy as had the view out over the mountain

I have been known to spontaneously burst into song and dance around the camp fire when Brittney Spears' "Toxic" comes on. It's a refreshing departure from the usual Death/ Black metal stuff that is spewing from my radio.

When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge.

I cry to this day when I hear the crescendo.

Nothing wrong with loving "When A Man Loves A Woman", it's a classic.

My weakness is "Muskrat Love." When Minnie hits those high notes I think naughty thoughts...

Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider. Not really embarrassing except when it comes on the car stereo from the iPhone Bluetooth tether when your boss is in the car. Then, a bit embarrassing....

I said I loved you but I lied by Michael Bolton

Ironically it was our Wedding song ??

PS Its kept us going for 20 years even though now I don't like the song ?

• Like 1

I said I loved you but I lied by Michael Bolton

Ironically it was our Wedding song

PS Its kept us going for 20 years even though now I don't like the song

i remember our first trip to havana. we were at the commodoro having a drink and there was a cuban wedding happening very close to us. an the song they played as a wedding song? michael bolton (christ knows what actual song). bad enough in the west but when you have all that fabulous cuban music and you chose this?

i remember our first trip to havana. we were at the commodoro having a drink and there was a cuban wedding happening very close to us. an the song they played as a wedding song? michael bolton (christ knows what actual song). bad enough in the west but when you have all that fabulous cuban music and you chose this?

He's no Springsteen I must admit ,but I have never been to Cuba peace.gif

Total Eclipse of the Heart

And the entire Les Mis soundtrack. One time I was coming back from a meeting, and this car full of teenagers pulled up next to me. The sight of a balding 30-yr old man in a beat up old '93 Protege smoking a cigar and belting out show tunes left them speechless.

Total Eclipse of the Heart

And the entire Les Mis soundtrack. One time I was coming back from a meeting, and this car full of teenagers pulled up next to me. The sight of a balding 30-yr old man in a beat up old '93 Protege smoking a cigar and belting out show tunes left them speechless.

I've been known to sing show tunes. If you think being a 30 yr old belting out Les Mis is a sight, what about four 20yr old Asians in a Holden Commodore, with the soundtrack of Phantom of the Opera or Uptown Girl by Billy Joel blaring out the windows? lookaround.gifhole.gif

• Like 1

I could listen to these artifacts from the 80's on loop all day long. I just don't talk about it.

- Anything by Sade

- theme from Taxi

- Fleetwood Mac's Albatross

- any lightweight 80's hit that was taken to another level by being on Miami Vice... like Crockett's Theme, Cry or In The Air Tonight.

ulp!

My weakness is "Muskrat Love." When Minnie hits those high notes I think naughty thoughts...

you sure you are thinking of the right song?

america and, even worse, captain and tennille sang it but i've never heard a minnie (riperton, i assume, if we are talking high notes) version. and can't find any evidence of it. of course, doesn't mean it wasn't done by her.

did you mean 'lovin you'?

not a minnie fan but i did like america - sister golden hair could go on this list.

you sure you are thinking of the right song?

america and, even worse, captain and tennille sang it but i've never heard a minnie (riperton, i assume, if we are talking high notes) version. and can't find any evidence of it. of course, doesn't mean it wasn't done by her.

did you mean 'lovin you'?

not a minnie fan but i did like america - sister golden hair could go on this list.

Ken, you are absolutely correct, I was thinking of "Lovin' You"

I was typing pretty fast and was frankly more concerned with my clever conclusion than content accuracy.

Without You by Harry Nilsson.

I belt the crap out of that in the car when it comes on the radio

Don't hear much Harry Nilsson on the radio these days, but I do really enjoy Everyone's Talkin from Midnight Cowboy.

Yep,

I am probably the only Yank, to be hooked on this song, even though it never got any airplay state side. My buddy brought the album back after he took leave, in Oz, back in the 80s. Played that album a lot at our parties.

I still listen to it sometimes.

Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)

• Like 1