I'm drunk, my wife made me go home cuz....

So, its St. Patty's Day and needless to say I'm drunk and the wife had to give me the nudge that it was time to return to the homestead. So as I sit here praying that auto-correct catches all of my intellectual shortcomings (tried to say fo paws but couldn't spell it) I can't help but think that I'm not the only married man that has been given "the nudge". So gentlemen, or should I say you surly bunch, let's here about that moment when you were mid conversation and you were right about to get to the best part of your drunken story or foray and your wife completely deflated your machismo! And for those that say that this has never happened to you I say, you are either single or in denial! And that sh** ain't no river either!

So light up those cigars my brethren and let us rejoice in the bond.....age that we all call marriage!

Cheers (literally),

Seth

So, its St. Patty's Day and needless to say I'm drunk and the wife had to give me the nudge that it was time to return to the homestead. So as I sit here praying that auto-correct catches all of my intellectual shortcomings (tried to say fo paws but couldn't spell it) I can't help but think that I'm not the only married man that has been given "the nudge". So gentlemen, or should I say you surly bunch, let's here about that moment when you were mid conversation and you were right about to get to the best part of your drunken story or foray and your wife completely deflated your machismo! And for those that say that this has never happened to you I say, you are either single or in denial! And that sh** ain't no river either!

So light up those cigars my brethren and let us rejoice in the bond.....age that we all call marriage!

Cheers (literally),

Seth

*It sounds like you have a good wife! There's an old Russian proverb: "Having a good wife and rich cabbage soup, seek not other things."

• Like 2

lol, you're doing really well for being wasted. The universal rule of the internet is never post drunk! same for texting!

Just last night we were siting at the hotel bar is Sioux Fall South Dakota after the Bob Segar concert. The room service phone kept ringing because everyone was to busy to pick it up so..........I though i'd pitch in. The wife was unamused when I told the caller the kitchen was not able to cook pizza because the cook was clipping his toe nails and the toe nails all ended up in the dough.

Ya, I was a little over served.. AGAIN.

• Like 1

Gotten the nudge a few times. During my first marriage the wife worked til 7 or so when I was off at 5. Too many times to count the wife had to pick me up after a "quick" happy hour turned awry.

Don't nearly drink that much anymore so rarely let myself get over served any longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is one of the primary reasons I stopped drinking alcohol 3+ years ago, and haven't touched it since. I've had more than my fair share of nudges, eye rolls, etc. Wish I'd have done better, but I made a mess out of alcohol.

• Like 1

Over the years, my wife has been trained on when exactly she needs to nudge me, and I am properly trained to know that the nudge happens at that exact moment when I stop being entertaining and just about to begin being very annoying to others...

Heck, I now say: "that's exactly why I got married - so I always have someone to get me home safely and on time" smile.png

Alex

There are many reasons I married my wife, but one of the most useful reasons is her ability to keep me out of trouble. Even if I'm wasted, I still listen to her when it's time to leave because I'm being an *******.

Allowed me to keep friends and stay out of jail many a time

I absolutely support anyone that recognises that they have difficulties stopping past a certain amount. It's a fact that some of us are genetically pre-disposed to alcohol. Some of us are pre-disposed to caffeine, I definitely fall into this category. I enjoy fine drinks (whiskies, cognac and certain cocktails like martinis, manhattans, sazeracs etc remain a favourite) when I can, and when I'm light-headed I think I am what you'd classify 'a happy drunk'.

Well, the wife doesn't hold her liquor as well as I - it's typically me giving versus getting the nudge sneaky.gif

The only time my wife ever gave me the nudge was when I was telling her well to do boss's parents how I couldn't stand rich pretentious people.

Before I met my wife I could of stood a few nudges. But only drinking with my brother. A brother who lets the other brother dance on a bar table in his underwear alone is no brother of mine. Never barred but told not to come back till I turned 19! Somewhere I have a picture of us wearing lacey bras and motorcycle helmets. Not sure what the statement was we were trying to make but it wasn't pretty. Hairy chests and furry beards have no place in lingerie.

I was once coming to the end of a particularly funny story and I planned to take a puff of my cigar at the end of it (for dramatic effect) the missus ended up slapping the cigar out of my hand because I was about the put the lit end in my mouth

We both agreed it was time for me to go home after that

• Like 1

And Rob wins by a land slide haha. It sounds like Di is a saint for putting up with you haha.

Seth

Seth

I had to tone down my behaviour........ because Di is worse than I .....and one of us had to be the sensible one in the relationship!!! I never imagined it would be me rotfl.gif

• Like 3

Seth

I had to tone down my behaviour........ because Di is worse than I .....and one of us had to be the sensible one in the relationship!!! I never imagined it would be me rotfl.gif

Let's not talk about the time in Hong Kong when you were trying to sell me to the highest bidder just because I had a few wines throughout the night.snooty.gif

Given we were at a certain establishment where men walk out with women on the arms not walk in with a woman nyah.gifparty.gifparty.gif

• Like 1

Let's not talk about the time in Hong Kong when you were trying to sell me to the highest bidder just because I had a few wines throughout the night.snooty.gif

Given we were at a certain establishment where men walk out with women on the arms not walk in with a woman nyah.gifparty.gifparty.gif

"Platinum" is a classy establishment honey with a cracking live band at 2am. I had no idea it was a hooker bar. lookaround.gif

• Like 2

I do not believe you typed that with a straight face. rotfl.gif

Seriously Fuzz....i have been there quite a few times over the years for the music. Brilliant! I just assumed all the ladies present was because I managed to be there on "ladies night" each time lookaround.gif

• Like 2

"Platinum" is a classy establishment honey with a cracking live band at 2am. I had no idea it was a hooker bar. lookaround.gif

Seriously Fuzz....i have been there quite a few times over the years for the music. Brilliant! I just assumed all the ladies present was because I managed to be there on "ladies night" each time lookaround.gif

I for one am prepared to believe Rob...coz in my Uni days, I once walked into a brothel and came out without realising what it was!