I'm drunk, my wife made me go home cuz....

My wife is my best partner in crime when we lived in BC times (before Children) We used to go out until the sun came up, no need for the nudge, but now the nudge is given to us by our children hahaha (what do they know!)

She has made me leave a party once 24 years ago I still to this day do not know what I did I don't remember leaving the party I have asked mates that were there they just say you were OK just a bit untidy.

I have tried to talk to her about it not in the last 15 years, last time I tried she said we will never speak of this again GOT IT.

I'm not one not to remember a good night out but this still sticks in my mind what ever I did must been good a least for me I think.

Hmm.. Most of the time when I'm in fine form I've been smart enough sober to be sure I was heading out solo.. I was however severely reprimanded one new year when my love of fireworks and rum got the better of me and before I knew it I was picking fireworks up off the ground and shooting them from my hands..

My love of motorcycles and mixed drinks has gotten me in trouble a few times too.. I got away with it the first time the mrs caught me.. "But honey.. I thought we needed milk for breakfast so the boys rode with me!" the next time however.. Apparently my inability to return both times with said milk and being a repeat offender didn't add to my charm.. Heck I get in trouble for just starting a motorcycle after more than 2 drinks now :P

After one incident at a concert of a famous US touring band with Vitamin water and a little too much alcohol - I too have learnt the nudge!

The truth is its BLOODY hard work even trying to keep up drinking alcohol with anyone from WI.

• Like 2

1. Set the fire alarms off in a Sydney Hotel because I fell asleep in a drunken stupor leaving the hot water in the shower running to "steam my clothes" for the next day. Woken up by firemen in my room. Hotel evacuated. I slept through the alarms. Banned.
  2. Found my favourite green shirt folded on reception desk at the Hilton Sydney when checking out. Apparently after a big night with the lads I took my shirt off and threw it on the floor...of the foyer...before hopping in the lift. No wonder I couldn't find it in my room in the am. Banned.
  3. Sought assistance from family members as apparently I could not get my sleeves through the front door at 4am. Banned if they could.
  4. Showed mates what it is like to run with the bulls in Pamplona. Should not have done it at 2am in Malachlan St Fortitude valley on a Friday using cars as bulls. Reprimanded by men in blue.

there are plenty more.......

Alcohol and I have a checkered past rolleyes.gif

That explains why my box of PLPCs were wrapped in a green shirt when I opened package.

Slightly related. This might come under the category of 'self-initiated nudge':

Many years go, back in my married days, we were invited to her friend Sarah's husband Johnny's rugby club summer ball, staying at their house for the weekend. It was a cracking night, and I remember getting separated soon after the meal and falling in with the club's hardest drinking faction. Fortunately I always seem to have had a fairly sober autopilot that takes over the controls when the captain goes AWOL, and although I remember very little of the rest of the night, nothing beyond normal rugby club boozing things happened. However, I do remember crawling into bed with the wife in the wee hours.

The next thing it was early dawn and I was smiling, having woken myself up with a Category 5 fart. Deep and sonorous, it left that pleasantly vacated sensation. Even better, I seemed to have got away with it, but before I could drift off again. a male voice to my left said, "Urgh, was that you?" Before I had time to process this unexpected piece of information, a female voice, also to my left, said indignantly, "No!! Wait, what side are you---."

It's funny how the animal brain can swat away the effects of massive alcohol intake with no effort at all, and simply take over. In my mind's eye I saw the scene as from above (or, perhaps, as a departing soul), and fighting wasn't the option to choose. I fled to Sarah and Johhny's bedroom door and was through it in about a second. And then my panic evaporated instantly as I heard Johnny behind the closing door, giggling, "Eurgh, and he's butt naked...". Good lad.

I still sleepwalk sometimes after a few, but the outcomes have usually been more painful or less generously forgiven.

I was once coming to the end of a particularly funny story and I planned to take a puff of my cigar at the end of it (for dramatic effect) the missus ended up slapping the cigar out of my hand because I was about the put the lit end in my mouth

We both agreed it was time for me to go home after that

Ahahaha "dramatic effect" ...tick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Set the fire alarms off in a Sydney Hotel because I fell asleep in a drunken stupor leaving the hot water in the shower running to "steam my clothes" for the next day. Woken up by firemen in my room. Hotel evacuated. I slept through the alarms. Banned.
  2. Found my favourite green shirt folded on reception desk at the Hilton Sydney when checking out. Apparently after a big night with the lads I took my shirt off and threw it on the floor...of the foyer...before hopping in the lift. No wonder I couldn't find it in my room in the am. Banned.
  3. Sought assistance from family members as apparently I could not get my sleeves through the front door at 4am. Banned if they could.
  4. Showed mates what it is like to run with the bulls in Pamplona. Should not have done it at 2am in Malachlan St Fortitude valley on a Friday using cars as bulls. Reprimanded by men in blue.

there are plenty more.......

Alcohol and I have a checkered past rolleyes.gif

Holy ****. I've got some stories, but none involving alcohol... more "class act" substances ;)

I will say this though.... you know you've found the edge of the universe when you're staring into a wormhole.

"Platinum" is a classy establishment honey with a cracking live band at 2am. I had no idea it was a hooker bar. lookaround.gif

At Least it wasn't a *** Bar (not that there's any thing wrong with that lol3.gif )

• 3 weeks later...