This is the ignorance I deal with in America!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bz7Ibpnz_E "Cigar Authority Smoking Pi & Eating Pie With Cuba"

At about 49:15 is where a complete moron takes the stage. These guys are so saturated with non- cuban cigar companies talking crap about cuban cigars. I get tired of it and videos like this make my blood boil sometimes. Maybe I'm overly passionate but as an American its guys like this that give the real aficionados a hard time.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the whole thing either but I don't think they know what they are talking about. Hopefully enough Americans see this and don't buy CCs if and when they become readily available.

• Like 1

I feel less intelligent from having watched this.......

• Like 3

I can't watch the video (we cant access youtube from where i work), but all i will say is everyone has their opinions. Someone telling me Non-cubans are the best is just as bad as someone telling me Cubans are the best. Don't get me wrong 99% of the cigars i smoke are cubans but that doesn't mean they are the best. There's good and bad on both sides of the fence.

• Like 3

I didn't find it so much a Cuban vs. non-Cuban thing but rather as an obvious lack of knowledge with a lot of bad information being presented.

• Like 4

I guess when they "legalize it" the NC market share dissipates so General Cigar is having a fit

• Like 2

I watched the video and all I can say Is, what's this guy talking about ? He knows NOTHING about cigars and

NOTHING about Cuba. All we can see Is that he comes from the U.S.A.pod.gif Without Insulting the Americans who DON'T

deserve this show.

Guy

To be brutally honest not only do I feel CCs are in a class of their own, I like how there are not over a million different cigars like there are with NCs. Only thing NCs have over CCs in my opinion is their ability to be smoked right of the truck.

Not all Americans are this dumb. The smart ones import Cuban tobacco because it is supreme in every way. I just think this is a ploy because if the embargo is lifted a lot of the NC companies are done. Out of business.

The Two Brothers may be concerned that a local LCDH may draw away business.....

I can't agree that 99% of NC tobacco is trash. There are quite a number of very good NC cigars on the market today.

The challenge is separating the wheat from the chaff.

This from someone that smoked almost exclusively Habanos the past few years and have recently begun blind-tasting dozens of cigars, primarily non-Cuban.

• Like 1

Wow. You can buy Cohibas on the street in Cuba? They are everywhere!? Cohiba Cohiba Cohiba!! I did not realize it was that easy. I wonder how many boxes of those the guy brought home.

Just wondering, was this video meant to be a comedy?

I can hear the knuckles dragging from here. :rolleyes: Horrible show. Can't watch more than 5 minutes. They must be paid to shill for a now fearful NC industry. Just plain ignorant reporting.

• Like 1

I can see how someone can get the wrong end of the stick, they ask what cigar they are rolling and the roller says he doesn't know they ate just given an allotment of tobacco and told what vitola to roll.

If the roller doesn't say that the bundles have been pre blended back up the production line so all they have to do is roll, then you can see where someone can jump to the wrong conclusion.

I'd assume that I would make the same mistakes if someone threw me into the middle of the NC industry, I wouldn't know a thing about anything apart from bias from what people have said about them, which is mostly negative.

I get that attitude often with friends who have had very little experience with Cubans and who don't want to spend more than $5 on a stick. It's the "I ve smoke Cubans and to be honest my Gurka is better attitude" I try and explain there's a good possibility that what they smoked could have been counterfeit or that it my have been a fresh Cuban and they need to rest yadda yadda yadda but their eyes gloss over, don't want to hear about it and don't believe it. Hey, if he's happy smoking his Gurka good for him. Only thing I don't like is they try to put down or diminish my love of Cubans and knowledge and love of this hobby. Same people do they same thing in regards to good wine, good scotch, even good beer. Quality over quantity for me, I'll pay a little more for a quality experience and share the experience with people who get it.

• Like 1